Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage hat stands

quikrick

One Too Many
p2aXeGS.jpg
9uLk71o.jpg

This one is cool. Counter top retail stand.

Uncle Will

New in Town
About hat stands and holders...I have been stacking my hats on the closet shelf sometimes 4 high and since I have been learning about hats and maintenance (and seeing straw hats taking on creases), I'm trying to figure out how to store them without stacking. Is it OK to hand a soft fedora on a regular coat hook for a month, without it getting an imprint of the end of the hook? The Stowaway above has more contact area than a coat hook.
I plan on making a rack and want to do it well the first time. If I made a broad, horizontal "finger" out of finished wooden dowel, and hang the hats like they are above, would that be good as a regular parking spot when they're not on my head? Hat boxes are perfect for seasonal storage, but are fussy for everyday use.
I should probably ask, what should I avoid in designing a hat rack?
Thank you all!

About hat stands and holders...I have been stacking my hats on the closet shelf sometimes 4 high and since I have been learning about hats and maintenance (and seeing straw hats taking on creases), I'm trying to figure out how to store them without stacking. Is it OK to hand a soft fedora on a regular coat hook for a month, without it getting an imprint of the end of the hook? The Stowaway above has more contact area than a coat hook.
I plan on making a rack and want to do it well the first time. If I made a broad, horizontal "finger" out of finished wooden dowel, and hang the hats like they are above, would that be good as a regular parking spot when they're not on my head? Hat boxes are perfect for seasonal storage, but are fussy for everyday use.
I should probably ask, what should I avoid in designing a hat rack?
Thank you all!

Nothing wrong with stacking. Just separate them with plastic covers or put a foam ring around them to keep the sweatbands from staining the bottom hats. In my experience, it has to be a pretty soft and pliable hat to suffer ill effects from a decent hat hook.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ormbingley