Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage hats!

KAT

A-List Customer
just added this to my collection

bc_12.JPG

01_12.JPG

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Lauren... Would you be so kind as to sign the following letter. Thank you. ~Lolita

"I, Lauren, do here by promise to mail Lolita Haze my entire collection of beautiful hats within a week's time.

________________ _____________"
please sign here date

:p :p :p

KAT

A-List Customer
LolitaHaze said:
Lauren... Would you be so kind as to sign the following letter. Thank you. ~Lolita

"I, Lauren, do here by promise to mail Lolita Haze my entire collection of beautiful hats within a week's time.

________________ _____________"
please sign here date

:p :p :p

bwuahahhahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahalol :eusa_clap
say...:eek:fftopic: but you need to call me!;)

GOK

One Too Many
Woohoo my hat arrived this morning! It's a bit different to how I imagined it; I thought the snood was real and that I'd be able to put my hair into it but it turns out to be faux. It's still a fantastic hat but I may replace the snood if I can find some fabric authentic looking enough. I think I need to steam it too, because although it was packed exceptionally well, it does seem a little wonky. Nothing major though. I really need to finish the suit I'm making to go with it - the post was quicker than my sewing! lol

JBG, can I just say that you look so perfect in those photos? Do you dress your own hair? I have several books on the subject but I must confess that I'm having a hard time of it...doesn't help that I have a dodgy shoulder, which makes raising my right arm very painful. Anyway, you look fab and have a great hat collection.

Lolita - I love your humour! But you know, I'm going over to Lauren's to steal her collection whilst she sleeps, so she can't send the hats to you. Bad luck ol' gal! :D

thebadmamajama

Practically Family
I am suddenly overarchingly happy right now--definitely because of the pictures of my favorite thing in the whole world. Once I'm home on break I'll whip out the camera and get my hats on here. BEAUTIFUL hats, ladies! Bravo!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
lol lol lol

You gals are funny!! But you're welcome to come play dress up with me ANYTIME!

*makes a note to buy window locks*

Grace

Vendor
Lovely hats, ladies!!

Ang, I'm like you-I can seldom pull them off, but I hoard them anyway. I have too many to even count. Here are a few of my favorites, which alternate being displayed in my office on a shelf far away from my kitties reach. My newest is the turquoise one with the ostrich feathers. Sometimes I wear it around the house. :)

DSCN3423.jpg

DSCN3424.jpg

DSCN3425.jpg

DSCN3426.jpg

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Oh, those are lovely! Everyone's hats are absolutely beautiful! And I ditto on Jitterbugdoll looking perfect for the period, as always!

katiemakeup

Practically Family
All of your hats are beautiful, ladies! I only had a few that were my grandmothers & they are in stotage back east. Unfortunately, one of them became mouse food:mad: Some time soon they will make it out here and I will post them...

? Where do you find your vintage mannequin heads?

Grace & dorotheascloset~ great vintage sites!

:)

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Grace said:
I bought mine on eBay from the company DecoEyes. Here's their site:
http://www.decoeyes.com/ And here's their ebay auctions.

*gasp!*

did you see the roxiehart they have on auction right now? I love her!!!

Thanks for the links...I'm going to have to get one...or ten. ;)
Along with shoes, buying hats can get to be a bit addicting! What was the hardest for me, I think, was finding a style that was complimentary.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
*waving fist in the air *
Curses to all you small headed people and your exquisite hats!

Er, I mean, great hats ladies!
*turns and lurks into her cave from jealously*
:rolleyes:

LD

kirawoidan

New in Town
I know I'm a little behind...

...but I have been busy! I finally took some pics of my favorite hats because I have way too many to show all!
Picture766.jpg

Picture771.jpg

Picture769.jpg

Picture770.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot