Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Wool

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cardigan today...

full

GHT

I'll Lock Up
trenchcoat.jpg
You don't have to pay a king's ransom for top quality. Look at the label on my trenchcoat, then go to https://www.savvyrow.co.uk/ and see their stock. They also buy good quality clothing, although I'm not going to sell them my cashmere Crombie overcoat, that I bought new nearly 40 years ago.

Crombie 002.JPG Crombie 003.JPG Crombie 004.JPG

Last edited:

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Clothing and shoes are items I wouldn’t even spend a thought about buying second hand.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Couple new English wool sweaters from Outdoor Knitwear! One RAF roll-neck and one crew-neck. They stunk like a barn when they arrived, but a few times through the wash on cold and they're all good now.
RHK7YxZ.jpg

OQYZEob.png

Flanderian

Practically Family
I have a fondness for nice woolens, and a similar enthusiasm for vintage forms and advertising. I hope that's not out of place here. The first of the two illustrations below is from unknow advertising, but I believe the second might be from L L Bean, a long time U.S. retailer from the state of Maine. I find both the art and sweaters/jumpers depicted to be of notable interest.

Sweater01.jpg

Sweater02.jpg

Last edited:

Cornelius

Practically Family
I have a possum-merino blend winter hat, and it is unbelievably warm - has to be well below freezing to wear comfortably. Supposedly possum hair is one of nature's best insulators?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner