Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Your Patina

bretron

Call Me a Cab
jacket.jpg

The brown CHP is quite the catch (these are rare); and looking great after years of wear and tear!

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Thought you would like to see this 25 year plus Highwayman.
It's steer, size about 42, sheep lined with cord lower. The original zip pull has long gone so I replaced with a 20 Centime French coin from around 1930.

PA120039.jpg

You cant see the label too well but it is a Globe with the word 'Aero' written in a scroll

PA120040.jpg

This was a cheap jacket from the Bay around 8 years ago £43, inside the sheep is fine except the top of the collar and some minor edge wear at rubbing points but the lining and pockets really need to be replaced. The outer has gracefully aged with no tears or holes.
Johnny Tee

Last edited:

kowalski74

New in Town
hi all,
im a long time lurker finally getting round to putting a few pics of my mccoys roughwear in goatskin
hope you like?
006-11.jpg

001-12.jpg

002-13.jpg

003-15.jpg

004-11.jpg

017-4.jpg

as you can see its had a hard life over the years but i still love it!

Last edited:

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
That's a neat old Highwayman, rocketeer.
Cheers, its a real tough steerhide, not sure of the exact date but I believe it was made in Aero's Moffat factory.
Was, is, my first Highwayman, cheap enough to see if the style was me, I have since bought 2 more, a Cordovan and black but in Front Quarter Horse. love the style and both the hides, though the browns are better suited to FrontQH in my opinion.
J

JakeHolman

One of the Regulars
Aero 30's Half-belt, around 5 years old. It was my first FQHH jacket and still gets plenty of regular wear.

(Shameless plug, but i've just started photographing some of my collection and uploading to a blog if anyone's interested. Can't say how often i'll update it but i'm trying my best! http://theaerofile.com )

30hb-2-1.png

30hb-2-31.png

30hb-2-6.png

GoodTimesGone

One of the Regulars
I like that McCoy's goatskin A-2, Kowalski. Nice natural patina and the jacket looks very comfortable.

kowalski74

New in Town
I like that McCoy's goatskin A-2, Kowalski. Nice natural patina and the jacket looks very comfortable.
The past couple of years.
As for comfort, it's certainly easier to move around in than other
Hides but after all these years it's still annoyingly
Squeaky!!

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Now that's some patina! I was tracking that auction; looks like it went to the right home- congrats! I've got a Monarch sport jacket to post photos of myself...

My Aero Bronco after 4-5 years. Patch is not on the jacket, just there to show it to the guy that made it for me. It was my Father's unit - 23rd Bombardment Squadron.
Is a seal cape hide rendition. Aging nicely.

5282b3838e684f81c34ecd70b1d9425b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo