Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Silly Lipstick Question

Ada Vice

One of the Regulars
scarlett said:
I line and fill in the entire lip w/ liner and I think it makes a base/stain for the lipstick, put on lipstick and blot, blot, blot, and add another coat of lipstick. It has staying power through cocktails and kisses.
As for the movie smooches, probably just that old movie magic.
Honey for allergies - I've heard the same thing but haven't tried it yet.

Yup this is similar to what I do, especially as being a smoker I've started getting lines where the lipstick bleeds a little! :eek:

So line your lips and fill in with the liner, then use a lip brush to put lipstick on, blott, more lipstick with lip brush, blott. Using a lip bruch ensures you don't put a really thick layer on. :)

I've tried lipfinity by maxfactor and really didn't like the feel of it, and lipcote felt 'bitty'. :(

MissHannah

One Too Many
There is really no such thing as snog-proof lippy, but Maybelline 18-hour Superstay is the closest thing I have ever found. You literally have to scrub it off at the end of the day. I can give my boy small kisses whilst wearing it without it ending up on him or smearing on me, but if we have a proper snog it does start to come off. Also it tastes revolting!

If I'm planning on any serious snog action I go without :)

Drappa

One Too Many
Inky said:
oh no that's terrible Drappa!! I am so sorry you had a reaction. I will remember this when I recommend it in the future. You should be sure to let the company know. I hope you recover fully from the reaction!

Well, I do get strange reactions to some cosmetics, my parents both have odd skin allergies as well. I once had to stay home from work because my eyes were swollen shut from an eye cream, and if I paint my nails I have to make sure to not put my hands near my face for a few hours as they get really itchy from the fumes I guess. So most people won't have that reaction to Lipcote, but I used it twice and got the same reaction twice (still itching and dry now). Too bad, because I really liked it and it prevented the lipstick from getting all over my teeth.:(

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Check out some of the other lipstick threads. There are lots of recommendations for both lip colors that last and techniques to help lip colors last.

VoodooDolly

New in Town
For day wear, I use a Clinique long last lipstick with a lipliner around the edges. I apply it in the A.M. before work, and I can get through a full day of talking on the phone, drink my breakfast smoothie, and eat my lunch. I usually just need to touch up the corners in the afternoon. I can kiss the husband without leaving a mark at all.

If I intend to go to a concert, or I think it will really need to last, I wear a MAC 2 step lippy. The same type of color+gloss formula that several other brands offer. This MAC variety seems basically indestructable.

I have always been one of those people that can't keep lipstick on for more than 5 minutes. I guess I ate it. lol I actually think that the biggest part of making my lippy last has been retraining myself. I eat food differently, I drink differently, and I have even learned to speak differently.

Harpy

New in Town
I find I just have to experiment with various brands and find which ones have the best pigment to wax ratio. More pigment (and also better quality pigment - more finely milled etc) means more staying power. It's not always the most expensive lipsticks that are like this either. :( My favourite cheaper brand is Bourjois, mid-priced brand is Paula's Choice, and expensive brand is Nars. Mostly I end up using the PC brand because it has sunscreen. I don't like the two-step lipsticks much because I inevitably mush my lips together before the first coat has dried and I have to start again!

Joonie

Familiar Face
Benitint is great! You paint it on and can vary the color with more or less layers. Lasts alllllll day and works great as a blush, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner