Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Silver patterns

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I've posted previously about the many pieces of random flatware I've inherited from my family, including many patterns with only one example. I just found this website that seems to show every flatware pattern ever devised in the past century and a half. Aside from being a useful resource for anyone who wants to identify their family patterns and acquire missing pieces, it's fascinating to trace the evolution of the designs. It's also fun to compare silverware designs to contemporary radio designs, especially those snazzy art deco ones.
http://www.silverpattern.com/default.htm

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm a sucker for silver!

I had one solitary spoon of my grandmother's... and now I have the whole service for 12. Mostly got it in batches over the years. It is an evil addiction.
I even have silly things like the bon bon server and the tomato server...but I see four or five things there I don't have!
Coronation, 1936, by Community.

weinerman

New in Town
Dhermann, thanks for the silver site, I'll try contacting them tomorrow. I have an almost complete service for eight of a Deco pattern by Gerritsen& Van Kempen, Zeist, a Dutch firm founded in 1924. None of the "experts" that I've consulted know of them. I pick it up at an antique auction for a hundred, nobody else liked Deco!!! I'll post a pic.

Mid-fogey

Practically Family
we have...

...an OK service for eight and standard serving pieces. The person who has everything is my mom. She has service for 12, plus loads of extra teaspoons, and every weird little specialized piece you can imagine.

She rounds it out with a silver tea and coffee service made to her drawings with five pounds of sterling in it. It's a sight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24