Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Simonds Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Old thread is still around. We're likely going to incorporate them all together in some way. We are working to ensure that our sponsoring affiliates are getting something unique and deserving of their support. At the same time, guys like JohnnyJ and Simonds are just getting started out, and our members get a lot of fulfillment from the interaction. We're working to strike the right balance. In short, give us a chance to see how things work out. If you have any questions or suggestions, PM me. I'm happy to hear them.

Thanks for that. Getting the right balance between people who are just advertising products and people who are interacting with FL members is important. The growing profile here of Johnny J, Simonds and Luxire etc all comes from interacting with FL members, listening to ideas and collaborating to ensure those of us who want these products - in the styles we want them - can achieve something unique.

I hope that, whatever the outcome, their threads are not just lost among pages of links to other suppliers.

Good luck with finding the solution.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
I think that this last one design definitely has a more vintage feel. If it were done with a more simple font, I think that I would vote for it.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up

Simonds, these ideas are inspired by the above suggestion from Johnny J ^, and have a sort of early 20s feel:

Simonds_01_zps76b563c1.jpg

Simonds_02_zps96c76f05.jpg

these aren't 'finished'... if you like either i'll clean up the linework.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
For some reason I get the impression I'm looking at a hamburger when I see those last ones. Nothing wrong with that I guess but something to consider.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
drat, i wish you hadn't put that image in my mind. (similarity to an existing burger logo ?) ... the shape of the cap could be refined to look less burger like.

Last edited:

Simonds

Vendor
Thanks flat-top, and Razzman, I made this one from a pattern I designed in Feb, and the bill and button are smaller also. The cap overall is a bit smaller in diameter

The shape of the Wabash cap is my favorite so far btw. A perfect cap.

That cut is actually our latest one that you just received ;)

Last edited:

howardeye

Practically Family
I agree with that! I hope I will be posting an Indigo Blue Striped one soon! I like this striped denim also.

image_zpsda6c71cf.jpg

Last edited:

Simonds

Vendor
Thanks Bert!

TT, So many cool and different ideas to choose from. Didn't know a logo would be so difficult. I may just have to hang them all on the wall and play pin the tail on the donkey. LOL!

Last edited:

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Ed, Just a thought, but I find the "O" distracting. My eye goes directly there, instead of looking at the entire logo. Otherwise I really like the logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace