Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sizing question about the Aero 38-1711-P Type A-2

Rafi

New in Town
Hi everyone!

Unfortunately my Schott g-2 Jacket has been stolen. Since my insurance is gonna cover the loss I'm in business again for a new jacket and I came to the conclusion that it will be an Aero 38-1711-P Type A-2. Since Aero states that this particular jacket is fitted rather slim, I was wondering what size I have to order. I'm 172cm with a slim and rather athletic build. I wore a 38 Schott but i know that it's a lot more roomy and boxy than the Aero A2.

I already tryed what i think was a "Unknown Maker" Contract No 1756 Type A-2 which also runs pretty small. A 42 was working pretty well in this jacket.

Does that mean that I can order a 42 of the Aero 38-1711-P Type A-2? I've already contacted Aero themselfes but I haven't heard back from them.

I'm also not sure about the leather. Is someone able to identify the leather being used in the first display picture on this site? http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=90

Cheers!

The photo is showing smooth seal horsehide.
I don't know what size you should order(Aero will)..but (in my case)I would order my normal size. I wear most everything in a size 40). However...this model is very short in body length. I would be concerned about adding body length ..and ordering the correct sleeve length that won't tunnel excessively.
HD

Aero will make it to your measurements..but you may want to advise Aero on a little longer body length since this jacket's normal stock pattern is quite short compared to other A2s.
HD

Dav

One Too Many
Hi Rafi, I'm also in the process of ordering a 38-1711-p, I received an email from Rachel yesterday regarding sizing of a size 42, 25.5" body, 25.5" arm and a pit to pit of 25", I must admit I was rather surprised by the p2p as it says it's a slimmer fitting A2 yet that measurement is bigger than my 42 Highwayman, so I think I'm going to go for a 40, just waiting to see what Rachel has to say and for the samples to arrive.

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
Unless they've changed the pattern the arm holes are very high and small with that one. A couple of years ago I ordered one in my normal size and gave my measurements of course, and it fitted fine everywhere except under the arms. There was no way I could wear it it was so tight there. I could hardly get my arms down by my sides.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn