Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Skinny Jeans: Do you have a pair?

Do you have a pair of "skinny jeans"?

• Yes. I have a pair that doesn't fit me, but I keep them for "one day."

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. I have one or more pairs and wear them.

• No, nor would I ever want to wear them!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, because I am "too old/"heavy/other reason here but wish I could.

• Total voters

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
I have never been able to have truly "skinny" jeans, as I am not built straight up and down, if you are referring to the current style that you see around. If you mean jeans I wore in high school, why would I want to? I have had two kids since then and I am not going to kill myself over not being able to get into things I wore when I was 17. I like myself as I am now, even though my legs could be a little slimmer...but all the parts work like they should, so I am happy with that. I got married in 1997, and I recently tried on the suit I wore that day. It fit better than it originally did, so that made me happy!
As I get closer to 40, I realize that some things that used to be important just aren't anymore. It is very freeing.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
No way could I fit in my high school jeans. I was a size 7 then and stayed that way through college. When I went back to visit friends a year after I graduated from college, I'd put on a little weight and one of my friends actually said I looked better -that I was "too skinny" before. Ha!

PolkaDotMeggie

A-List Customer
MY question is..... how do you know if you have gained weight or your husband has just dryed your pants for too long in the dryer??? :) I refuse to believe that I put on nearly 10lbs while he was home.....yes we ate out a lot, but we were always on the go!

PolkaDotMeggie

A-List Customer
I don't think anyone looks poor in jeans. The key is to try on each pair. You never know what brand/designer or fit/shape. All are slightly different. Plus the color makes a huge difference! Darker is always slimming. Plus most people look better in a bootcut or straight leg. I think the only ones that can truely pull off the "matchstick" or "skinny" jeans are the petite. It looks the most flattering because it adds a little weight, making someone look a little less small framed.

Eliza

One of the Regulars
Trust me, truly, no pair exist that looks good on me. Not to mention, I just find denim too stiff a fabric for me - too inflexible. A nice light to medium weight chino type of pant is more my speed.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I hate pants...

... almost as much as they hate me by the looks of things!
I have a pair I wore to death when I was 20, size 2, OMG, but now that I am a 16 I look at them and sigh. I keep them in the cedar chest for posterity!
In general, ever since I got fat, the only pants I can wear are those with a very low crotch like 30s palazzos. Otherwise, when I sit down, I feel I am being cut in half, vertically. Not a pleasant sensation, I can't imagine being comfortable in jeans until I lose some of the excess! Something about how it is distributedm I guess.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
PrettySquareGal said:
I wear my boyish jeans with cardigans and pearls. :)

That's such a lovely, classic look. Thanks for reminding me about my string of pearls! They're put away and I always forget that they're there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80