Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sliced my Red Wings

Deckburner

New in Town
So I sliced my Red Wing (Iron Rangers) the other day on a door that swung open faster than expected. The tear did not go all the way through the boot leather, but enough to expose some of the lighter leather under the outer coat. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions or experience. I've read the following threads on treating boots thus far:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?42432-My-heavily-waxed-Indy-Boots...a-tutorial-for-those-who-dare!&highlight=
and I have some Obenauf's already that I've used on my Justin Cowboy boots.

My best guess would be to treat the entire boot with a waxing...but I'm not sure. Thanks for any suggestions/experience that you can share.

M

member 16283

You might consider contact cement or superglue with Kiwi wax. I treated a pair of LB Shepherd Hanover brown pebble longwings like that. They had a small 1mmx1mm chunk coming off. Looks perfect now.

Silver Dollar

Practically Family
You might consider contact cement or superglue with Kiwi wax. I treated a pair of LB Shepherd Hanover brown pebble longwings like that. They had a small 1mmx1mm chunk coming off. Looks perfect now.

Not a bad idea at all. Where was the slash? Was it in an area of high or low stress. If it's an area of low stress, the repair whould stay for a long time. If it's in high stress, a rubber contact cement would be the better of the two cement types. Also, if you check out some of the hobby shops, they have a more flexible type of cyanoacrylate which might work fairly well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes