Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Snap Cufflinks

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Some of the coolest things are the simplest.
Better than the bullets you push through the cuff and turn sideways.

Easier than using brass brads.

The snap together cuff link allows you to slip the shirt off and hang it in the closet without worrying where you put the links... they're still on the shirt.

Why aren't these the norm? they are extremely easy to use. They are double sided and they look really really cool.

Snap together cuff links were very popular back in the 1920's, though today they are nearly impossible to find at your local retail store.

I'm sure many of you guys have them as well. show them.

These are the links companies should be making today. Better than the silk know and very very useful for the guy who likes the double cuff shirt.

Here are my Swanks.

Snapped
Cuff1-vi.jpg

Unsnapped
Cuff2-vi.jpg

Snapped
Cuff3-vi.jpg

Unsnapped
Cuff4-vi.jpg

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Never los a piece, though i have lost regular links... The snap ones never fall out and don't have to be pocketed if yu roll up your sleaves.

Show us your links Hemmingway. I need to find that other thread.

The pen is a Cross Century II in silver.

shindeco

A-List Customer
I have three pair in my collection:

pull-aparts.jpg

The blue ones and the silver ones are labelled "Kum-A-Part" and were made in the US; patented in 1923. The green ones are labelled "The Regnum" and were made in England.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
I like them. I have a pair that belonged to my gramps.

Matt, have you ever seen cufflinks whose connecting bar telescopes out? A fad from the '20s. Made it easy to pull your sleeves up while working. I'll take photos.

Also from the same era, there were cufflinks which were held together by a thin elastic chain. Like the telescoping cufflinks, you could stretch these ones out and then pull up your sleeves. Again, I'll take photos.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Marc Chevalier said:
... have you ever seen cufflinks whose connecting bar telescopes out? A fad from the '20s. Made it easy to pull your sleeves up while working.

Also from the same era, there were cufflinks which were held together by a thin elastic chain. Like the telescoping cufflinks, you could stretch these ones out and then pull up your sleeves.

And here they are:

patentcufflinks002.jpg
patentcufflinks001.jpg

patentcufflinks003.jpg

patentcufflinks004.jpg

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Mr. 'H' said:
The Fedora Lounge must be your full time job!

lol No, but online work is. I've always been good at multitasking: I teach English, manage family trusts, sell on eBay (occasionally), and communicate on forums (i.e., here). As for the camera, it's always right beside me. I take a snapshot, quickly Photoshop it for clarity and color accuracy, and into your hands it goes.

jdelamar

New in Town
After seeing snap cufflinks here and in Classic Style magazine, I found what appears to be a pair of mother of pearl snap cufflinks this afternoon in a vintage store in Little Rock, Arkansas for $12.00. Not a bad price and the snaps are snug on both links. I think they will look great with a french blue shirt.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
I've got two pair that were my great-grandpa's, one mother-of-pearl and one solid metal. The m-o-p ones say Kum-A-Part. They are the ones I use most often, and there's no chance of them falling out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy