Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Snappy 1950s Suit w/ 4 Pocket Jacket

YETI

A-List Customer
Great suit, excellent label....quite overpriced. I would value it at $450-500.
I don't know. Macintosh suits were the cat's meow in the 30s and 40s. I had great uncles who migrated to CA during the 1910s and 20s and they said the suit of choice was Macintosh among young Filipinos. This was to woo the young ladies of course.

If that suit was pristine and my size, I'd consider buying it...
after robbing a bank ;)

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
This suit is referenced in another thread right now with similar grousing regarding the price.

I find that pretty emblematic of the FL brain drain many senior loungers have noted recently. Fact is, on an objective level, it all just "old used clothes." This suit is a really rare and collectible piece because of its condition, details, and label.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
... the FL brain drain many senior loungers have noted recently.

Yes ... and it's a vicious cycle. I've asked some of the missing FL 'brains' why they haven't returned. Here's a frequent reply: "Because so many other 'brains' are gone and haven't returned." In other words, the lack of 'experts' (either departed or new) stops other departed 'experts' from returning (and, presumably, other new 'experts' from even joining in).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy