Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So, what happened with the bound-edge Nostalgia?

Topdog

Familiar Face
Perhaps now may be a good time to order a stock Stetson Nostalgia . Due to the poor sales and lack of interest in general of user bashable hats, it may not be offered ion the Stetson line in the future.

HATCO

Vendor
The Nostalgia will stay in the line for at least another year.

Topdog said:
I guess then if someone were to want a Nostalgia, now is the time to order as it may be dropped from the stetson lineup due to poor sales.

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
I'm glad to know Stetson is going to ride it out.

Not that I'm in a position to buy a brand-new car at the moment, but even if I could, I'd be waiting for GM to build a Camaro convertible. However, the fear is that they might kill the Camaro again for lack of sales, or alternately not bring out the ragtop altogether based on slow coupe sales.

Catch 22 in every industry - buy something you don't really want to encourage the manufacturer to keep making it, or wait until they make what you really want and risk them not making anything due to perceived lack of demand.

-Dave

carter

I'll Lock Up
Nostalgia with bound edge and new ribbon

I received my bound-edge Nostalgia (purchased at the HATCO Outlet Store) from Jimmy Pierce yesterday. He changed the ribbon for a wider, double ribbon and bound the brim.
The feathers and Stetson pin have been removed. ;) :)

3238668381_b20c87235f.jpg
3239502338_2f3c57214f.jpg
3239511866_feec5045ff.jpg

3239505304_dde3e64313.jpg
3239503768_41cb3787fa.jpg
3238669963_6a056d5250.jpg

3239531648_1d61e38f9e.jpg

I used a flash as these were taken indoors. What appear to be imperfections in the felt are not readily visible in natural light.

Excellent! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
I guess the best way to deal with Jimmy is via phone. I did the online contact via his website & a PM here but no replies. I have a Stetson Pinnacle that I want to bind the edge & swap out the ribbon. Not near a fancy as that one Carter!

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Rick Blaine said:
Hornet Hats answered in the affirmative when I asked about brim binding and ribbon alterations on a Christys' Adventurer.For what its worth, they are down to $69 USD.
BTW, it's Hornets...www.hornetshats.com

What's the Christys quality like in that GBP 50 range? I know they do the very shmancy formal hats, which cost big bank, but are these respectably well made?

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fletch said:
What's the Christys quality like in that GBP 50 range? I know they do the very shmancy formal hats, which cost big bank, but are these respectably well made?

Well, I have four if that tells ya' anything.
The ribbon works is a little inelegant, large stitches tacking the bow/ribbon on... doesn't bother me. Nice sweat & liner. Impeccable customer service. Shipping stateside seems to run about 10 - 14 days.

Matt Deckard said:
How stiff is the felt
Very supple. The talk at COW is how it "flops in the wind" just as Indys'® does in some scene or other. Some "experts" over there are dismissing it claiming there is "too much air" in the felt. Sounds like a load to me.
Matt Deckard said:
How's the fit
Dead on.

Matt Deckard said:
what's it look like with the brim up
Dorky... on me anyway.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff