Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sold - Borsalino Alessandria Size 7 - Sold

DJH

I'll Lock Up
This is a nice Borsalino that is in decent, but not perfect condition.

It is an Alessandria model in a light tan (a previous owner has written his name over the label with the colour) like a Silverbelly.

There are several moth divots in the felt - none deep enough to go all the way through - both on the top side of the brim and on the crown. There is also a slight stain right at the top of the crown in the crease - doesn't really stand out and could probably be removed.

Other than this, the hat is great. I'd guess it is a mid to late 50's model and the felt has that nice soft vintage Borsalino feel. The unreeded sweatband is still soft and flexible and has that corrugated feature at the front. The liner is in very good shape. The brim is 2 1/2 inches wide - less than my other thin ribbon Borsalinos, making it more a Stratoliner style than Open Road to my eye. It is marked as size 7 (US) and fits pretty true to size, I'd say.

My asking price reflects the fact that the hat isn't pristine - $65.00 shipped in Continental US. If you wear a size 7 and are looking for a very serviceable, stylish hat at a good price, this could be for you. Let me know by PM!

D32_9577-L.jpg
D32_9584-L.jpg
D32_9582-L.jpg
D32_9586-L.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner