Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SOLD: Pre-1920's Mink/Wool coat for man

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Very interested.

Can you get some measurements? Especially the shoulder span and chest?

I remember you winning this and my being unhappy to have missed it...

TommySalieri

A-List Customer
Okay. These are approximate measurements. I measured it flat on the floor. The chest measurement is doubled to get the circumfrence.

Shoulders: 30 Inches

Chest: 56 Inches

Length: 66 Inches

I must implore anyone who purchases it to dry clean the coat ASAP. It's really old and it has a strong, musty smell. lol

TommySalieri

A-List Customer
lol Quite a shame, Scot. I think it would have looked good on you! :)

It is fit for a large man, that's for sure. But it will fit on a smaller man. It'll just be a little baggy. lol ;)

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Now we're back in the ballpark. I'm 6' 2" with 20.5 shoulders. Another ten inches would be... a born linebacker. No wait, the whole defensive line! ;)

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
If you live in the Bay Area and wear fur, it would be a good thing to have 25 inch wide shoulders...a little visual incentive for those who might otherwise be tempted to offer more than a verbal critique of your choice in wearing fur,lol ...

TommySalieri

A-List Customer
He must have been a large man, that's for sure. But as I said before, it truly is a treasure. I saw something similiar on the 2002 version of "The Time Machine". It was worn by the actor who played the gentleman driving one of the first steam-powered automobiles.

I do hope that whoever buys it will take very good care of it and wear it with pride.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou