Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sold - Royal Stetson Whippet Size 7 - Sold

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Here's a great chance to get a sought after hat model at a decent price.

This Whippet is from the early 1950's (it has to OPS Tag) and is in a light to mid grey with matching brim binding and ribbon.

When I got the hat, I think I was the first to crease it and it is in fantastic condition. The felt, sweatband and liner are all pretty much as new. The liner is the older style, before Stetson starting using that nasty plastic and the logo is the one with the stars in the upper left.

The size is marked as 7 and it fits my 22 3/8 head perfectly.

I have several new hats that should arrive in the next few weeks and I need the room - hence offering this stunning hat at the Lounge for $175.00 shipped in the Continental US.

As with a lot of felt hats, the colour seems to change depending on the light. Looking at the hat right now, it looks a little darker than in my photos.

Looking to get hold of a classic hat? Send me a PM! I'll probably send to eBay at the end of the weekend, so don't hang around if you want it.

D314027-L.jpg
D314031-L.jpg
D314033-L.jpg
D314039-L.jpg
D314035a-L.jpg
D315385-L.jpg

The last photo shows the Whippet with some of its pack members.

Last edited:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful hat. If this lasts more than another 1/2 hour there is something wrong.

B

Tell me about it....I can't even get rid of a Mint condition 3X. If it doesn't sell, maybe I will just keep it.

Beautiful Whippet, David!!

I hope this one sells quick!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks guys.

I've tried to price this (and a couple of other hats I'm selling) at a sensible price, but we'll see.

Josh, I really like the 3X you have for sale and I would have bought by now except I have several commitments already and I'm starting to think my wife is right about my having a couple too many hats. Actually, she thinks more than a couple too many, but that's another story!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Alan - I'd have to put a 1920's liner in it for you.

Brian - the hat is on hold for you, sent you the PayPal info!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Yep, Stetson took a big step backwards when they started using that plastic in the liners.
That's also the reason I have only one Akubra. Love the hat, but don't like the liner.

Lotsahats

One Too Many
You size-seven heads. /shakesfist Josh, I'd have been all over that hat were it not for this 7 3/8 gourd. Same with this one or the strat!

Biding my time,
Aaron

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I hear ya, Aaron!

Being a small size is great when it comes to buying nice hats. Of course, when it comes to selling them, I wish they they were all 7 3/8 or bigger so there would be more people competing for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner