Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SOLD.Vintage Borsalino XXXXX rollable

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Please note that the "dust" and unevenness in color is NOT wear or damage but light reflecting on the velour. The hat is in fantastic condition, with even color.
The size on the label is 4 1/2 Punti (7 USA) but this fine hat is a true 7 1/8 as it fits me spot on. Crown: a tad short of 5 inches. Brim measures 2 1/2 inches, rolls beautifully and pops right back into shape. Sweat is in pristine shape, the liner shows some wear but the oil/onion skin is intact.
Selling 'cause I bought it as an experiment to see if green suited me. It didn't.
Take this one home as it is a somehow unusual specimen. Most velour rollables I've seen are brown. $ 130 shipped USA.
Will entertain trades with other Borsalinos specially gray with brims no smaller than 2 1/2.

Most accurate color: (Again the whiteness you see is NOT wear but light!)

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

IMG_0601.jpg

The "dust" under the X's again, is light not dirt or wear.
IMG_0602.jpg

Last edited:

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Morning bump, gents. Take this one home please! or let's trade. I'll be putting it on Ebay tonight and I hate ebay.

reallybigtim

New in Town
What do you think are the chances to stretch that hat to a long oval (egg oval) shape without distorting the shape of the brim?

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Good chances to stretch it if you do it gradually. I've had great success stretching hats going little by little.

reallybigtim

New in Town
I actually prefer the green hats over the browns but I cannot come close to the $130. What opening bid will you start with on ebay?

reallybigtim

New in Town
I have just ordered a hat stretcher and will have to experiment on some of my other 7 1/8 regular oval hats to see the amount of success I can have with the reshaping process before I can invest.
I do like that hat, though. Thanks.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Basically anything vintage, would prefer a Borsalino but it's not a must. Gray, maybe a different shade of green (like your bantam's color) only requirement is brim of no less than 2 1/2. Got anything, Alan?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou