Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(SOLD)Vintage Resistol 7 3/8 LO

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice older Vintage Resistol "Fifteen" from BR Baker in Cleveland . Size 7 3/8 LO. Measures 8 x 6 3/8. Nicely executed Under welt brim edge is 2 3/8. (Double row of stitches)Thin ribbon style. Clean hat overall . Nice fur felt on this one with a very nice hand to it. Liner has slight foxing from age and still has onion skin protector over logo. Sweatband is solid but dry. Color is some what darker than pics. Not as dark as bottom pics.
Very cool classic looking lid, man I wish this one fit!
Asking 175.

Last edited:

ideaguy

One Too Many
Man, that is one sweet hat; going through the collection, I found that I favor Resistol over all others; have a couple
of Beaver 25 fedoras that are strong as steel and soft as silk...if this was another color...

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Great hat! The color (in my opinion) makes this hat even nicer than the "norm" color of a silverbelly....and just look at the brim....not something you ever see often on a nice thin ribbon.....if only my money tree would just grow even a few dozen 100's....(sigh).....as I am sure this hat right here would "pull" with a hat jack to an easy 7 1/2 size.....and by looking at the pictures, you can tell the felt is amazing!

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for comments folks. Yes these older Resistols are hard to resist indeed. Some of the best felt and finishes. This one has shrunk ever so slightly from not being worn much and sweat is in dry side so I would not recommend stretching for fear of tearing sweat. Here's pic of hat in natural light.

humanshoes

One Too Many
Sweet looking hat Bond, and that picture is definitely worthy of inclusion in the women wearing fedoras thread. Very classy, indeed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats