Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some past A-2 jackets (pics)

Brettafett

One Too Many
I don't have much in the way of pics of my previous jackets, but here are a few...
For ref I am 5'10+-, weigh in at around 160.

This is my current Aero 15142, Seal Jerky, mid Brown knits, OD thread, size 40 plus an inch added to arms.
Brilliant jacket, best A-2 I have owned. Leather has a great patina, even tho I have not worn it much.
I may 'let this go' to fund my next purchase... I will post a more detailed review of this jacket, with measurements and pics later.
0db4dd3f.jpg

Before this was the GW 27752, seal, size 40 slightly lengthened, circa 2008. It was a nice jacket, but felt a bit too baggy on me. I must say, John Chapman was a pleasure to work with and very accommodating.
faf42e0d.jpg

Before that, was my ELC 1401, circa 2005. Size 40 + an inch to body and 1.5 to sleeves. Well made Eastman, but this was my 4th ELC and it too, just didn't 'look' right to me. Perhaps its my body shape, but I find they just blouse over me and the sleeves are always too short. I have tried adding an inch and even 2, I even went for a 38 Long, but just can't come right with them, maybe its the 27752 pattern (tho I have tried on all of their patterns, except the Monarch)...
0ceb58d1.jpg

Lost Worlds Dubow. Size 40. Russet HH. Solid jacket, nice shape, well made, but compared to all my previous jackets, the leather was quite thick and heavy for me. Bought this 2nd off Ebay.
26b4283b.jpg

I have had a total of 10 A-2 jackets. 3 Coopers (first one was a mid 90s limited edition, nice goat, too short), 4 ELC 27752s, Aero Bronco Smooth Russet (Beautiful, should have kept this, wanting another), GW 27752 (wil try another) and my current Aero 15142 Seal Jerky (Best looking A-2 I have owned IMHO, am debating a new one in Russet)... Also 2 B-10s and various CWUs, MA-1s etc...

Last edited:

Phantomfixer

Practically Family
Very nice photo shoot. I am partial to LW with exception with their collars and pocket placement. I have had several over the years. If LW would get with a RW pattern...Digging your seal Aero

Brettafett

One Too Many
I like better the first one and the ELC :) Was the latter in time worn finish?

Yeah, I like the Aero best. The ELC 1401 was their standard Russet, not time worm. This was before 'war horse' hides. I lived in it for about a year in 2005, while in London and it just 'mottled' that way, was a pity it didn't fit great.

Aerojoe

Practically Family
Yeah, I like the Aero best. The ELC 1401 was their standard Russet, not time worm. This was before 'war horse' hides. I lived in it for about a year in 2005, while in London and it just 'mottled' that way, was a pity it didn't fit great.

Ok :) Well, I think both of them suit you perfect.

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
I see you are "on the path" in search of the "perfect A2". Perhaps the perfect A2 is a myth, or a paradox. Nerertheless the path is an enjoyable one, and not as costly as the quest for a perfect watch or a perfect classic car.

Why would you want to give up your best A2, before you acquire a replacement?

Brettafett

One Too Many
I see you are "on the path" in search of the "perfect A2". Perhaps the perfect A2 is a myth, or a paradox. Nerertheless the path is an enjoyable one, and not as costly as the quest for a perfect watch or a perfect classic car.

Why would you want to give up your best A2, before you acquire a replacement?

I may just hold onto it, will see what responses I get.
I recon, now that I have pretty much found my ideal 'fit' with Aeroleather, I can always get a clone of this one again, so, willing to take the risk... 'Who dares wins' as they say....
That said I am so tempted to sign up for a GW also, with a 12 month wait, would give time to put pennies in that 'piggy bank'.... Theres also an itch for a M422A or G-1. So, a closet of three A-2s, among my other jackets...
I have this 'ideal' of one jacket, ;), that I can wear into old age and that will develop character and 'battle scars' as a testament of our adventures through life together...:eusa_clap
Hopelessly romantic.

D

Deleted member 16736

To my eye, and judging strictly from online pictures, the LW is the most authentic-looking A-2. The leather is very similar to WWII leather in grain and color, but again, I'm going by pictures only.

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
That said I am so tempted to sign up for a GW also, with a 12 month wait, .
I remember when I had my G1 Star 55J14 made by JC, he wanted me to send to him my best fitting jacket, to guage the fit. It came out perfect. So I would at least hold on to it for any future acquisitions.

Brettafett

One Too Many
I remember when I had my G1 Star 55J14 made by JC, he wanted me to send to him my best fitting jacket, to guage the fit. It came out perfect. So I would at least hold on to it for any future acquisitions.
I have the dimensions and the order form, pretty standard, not too worried. If it sells, it will sell. If not and I make to Scotland, I will own at least 2 A-2s.... or perhaps trade it in.

I have the dimensions and the order form, pretty standard, not too worried. If it sells, it will sell. If not and I make to Scotland, I will own at least 2 A-2s.... or perhaps trade it in.
Trade in is only 1/2 of the value, if I recall...If it were somewhat less, I know someone that might buy it. But you might want to try the 'bay as a few similar jackets have sold in the last 45 days for $500-650. You pay fees, but it will sell. Whatever the case, do try to make it to Aero - you'll enjoy that.

Brettafett

One Too Many
Trade in is only 1/2 of the value, if I recall...If it were somewhat less, I know someone that might buy it. But you might want to try the 'bay as a few similar jackets have sold in the last 45 days for $500-650. You pay fees, but it will sell. Whatever the case, do try to make it to Aero - you'll enjoy that.
Yeah, may give the 'Bay a try... As for Scotland, only time will tell. I hope so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buhles