Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Something for you Chandler fans

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Spotted that title at the local Borders books a few weeks past. Priceless stuff although at the time I thought the price was too pricey for such a small book. Now that I think about it, it's just the right size to fit into your pocket for quick reference when you need a refresher for your patter. What other people/characters would be good for the same type of book? Bogart maybe?

Jay

Practically Family
I bought that book like two weeks ago. It was great. Theres comments on stuff I didn't know Marlowe or Chandler knew about.

Thursby

New in Town
If only I had read this a week or so ago, then it would have been at the top of the list when people wnated to know what to get me for christmas.
Looks good though, I'll just have to get it for myself then!!
Cheers for the tip. :clap

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I posted this at the Cladrite Radio site today, but thought I'd share it here, too:

Raymond Chandler fans will want to avail themselves of this audio stream of a recent panel discussion at NYC's Symphony Space about Chandler and his debut 1939 novel, The Big Sleep.

http://www.symphonyspace.org/live/tbc_chandler

It’s an intriguing, enlightening discussion that suggested some new ways for me to look at the great man’s work.

The participants were Jonathan Lethem, whose first novel, Gun, with Occasional Music, was, he openly admits, fully intended to be Chandler-esque; Judith Freeman, author of The Long Embrace: Raymond Chandler and The Woman He Loved; and Rich Cohen, author of Sweet and Low: A Family Story, and each brings interesting insights to the table.

The site requires registration to access the stream, but it's free and the discussion is worth the trouble.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
Bourbon Guy said:
Nice bump, Sky.

Thanks. I try to recycle threads when I can. I'll admit it's a mild pet peeve of mine that new threads get started so willy-nilly. There's almost always an older thread that will suffice, if folks will just do a little searching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80