Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Something has been bothering me since I began reading this site...

jaymag_87

New in Town
I am new to the forum (will post pics of the custom fedora I have coming from Peter's Brothers in Fort Worth, when I get it), and new-ish to the world of fine hats and fedoras. I've had a couple in my day. In high school, I had an old felt fedora that was my Granddad's. In and after college, I had a Stetson Indy (from when they held the license). I've had various cowboy hats, including my current Stetson, as well as my Cavalry Stetson, from when I was in cavalry units in the Army. I still have the various military uniform hats from my past.

I'm learning the terminology. I understand what a fedora is. A porkpie. Stove pipe. Center crease. Teardrop and of course, stingy.

The thing that is bothering me is in regards to the stingy brim.

How is "stingy" pronounced? Is it "sting-ee" as in sting with a double "e" on the end, or "stin-gee" as in a child that doesn't like to share?[huh]

Help me out. This has been bothering me.:rage:

Thanks.
jaymag in Texas.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
HarpPlayerGene said:
Come to our get-together in Monteagle, TN. I'm going to get ahold of one of gtdean's hats and demonstrate how to MAKE a stingy... :D
lol lol I was wondering if you were going to bring your matching set of exacto knives.

Mickey D

One of the Regulars
BobC said:
lol lol I was wondering if you were going to bring your matching set of exacto knives.

Better yet.... use a good set of pinking shears. :p

Oh, by the way...this forum site has cost me the purchase of three fur felt hats, one from Mister Fawcett. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael