Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Something is Missing~

Status
Not open for further replies.

airfrogusmc

Suspended
I think Bob got banned from the Observation Bar. He still posts though I think. To bad cause cause I always found his comments enternaning though I rarely agreed.

Roger

A-List Customer
His nomenclature says "suspended"

It says under his name; "suspended" I guess some people with thin skin got irratated and cried to the bartenders who canned him. Too bad. He was a good guy. Said his mind and that was it. Hell, anyone who likes dogs can't be all that bad. The bartenders need to reevaluate their decision.:cool2:

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
To bad

Ex Marine Ex Cop and now a dog handler and just a honest guy in my opinion, maybe to blunt for some but he said what he felt!

Heck this is a bar/lounge in real life you meet all kinds of folks in a bar!!

"Feelings are neither right or wrong they just are"

Harry Lime

Suspended
Hung himself.

Rants against "queers." Rants against "Japs." Actors who died who wouldn't be missed, too bad it wasn't their brothers as well. A threat to kill anyone who messed with his hats because he was such a bad ass (but a Christian bad ass who followed The Word.) And many, many, more...

A loudmouth hypocritical cretin who won't be missed. In a real bar he would have to back up his offensive opinions time and again. He'd eventually get his ass kicked and thrown out, just like happened here. Good riddance, BB.

The bartenders don't need to reevaluate, he does. There are other blogs on the internet for guys like him. I applaud his ousting and hope it serves as warning to others who attempt to tread where he did.

Harry Lime

Roger

A-List Customer
Such bitterness

Harry Lime said:
Rants against "queers." Rants against "Japs." Actors who died who wouldn't be missed, too bad it wasn't their brothers as well. A threat to kill anyone who messed with his hats because he was such a bad ass (but a Christian bad ass who followed The Word.) And many, many, more...

A loudmouth hypocritical cretin who won't be missed. In a real bar he would have to back up his offensive opinions time and again. He'd eventually get his ass kicked and thrown out, just like happened here. Good riddance, BB.

The bartenders don't need to reevaluate, he does. There are other blogs on the internet for guys like him. I applaud his ousting and hope it serves as warning to others who attempt to tread where he did.

Opinions are that opinions. If you don't like his opinions there is always the ignore button. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
Bob was banned.

He ignored warnings again and again. He just didn't get it. He caused the bartenders and I more problems then all the other members combined. He put his neck in the noose and we kept asking him to take it out. I got tired of asking.....so I pulled the trigger.

I don't get paid to do this. I don't need people abusing the free service I provide and causing me grief. If you liked him or miss him...that's fine....but I am done dealing with him. There are other places on the internet where you can insult people all day long. I am sure he will find one.

The "thin skin" comment is not accurate or fair. The bartenders and I have been more than patient. We gave that guy every chance to straighten up. Honesty is a good attribute. Insensitivity is not. There is a difference. I agreed with 70% of Bob's views. We are both Christians, conservatives and Republicans. Unfortunately he expressed ideas in such a way that did not enlighten or compel anyone to a greater understanding of a subject or a new perspective. He just offended and drove people away. I don't think anyone has come to Christ like that. I was embarrassed that he claimed the same faith.

It is VERY rare when I ban someone. I like to think we are all mature here and can take a hint if stepping out of line. It bothers me when I have go this extreme. I can count on one hand how many times I have and still have room left over.

You don't see what happens behind the scenes to keep the peace here. That's the way it should be. Members are here to have a good time. We don't parade it or announce to the world when discipline has to be enforced. We respect the individual and try to be discreet. I wouldn't have mentioned it out of respect for Bob, but this thread is discussing it.

You may not agree with my decision. I am not asking anyone to....but I am asking that you respect my decision. Enough said.

Biltmore certainly is one of those guys that I couldn't see myself pal-ing around with, but he is a character that, had I met in a roadhouse, I would have passed the time drinking, trading viewpoints, and then fondly recalling years later. I liked his terse style of commentary, and even when he let loose with one of his slurs, I gave him more leeway than I would have with a lot of people. I try to look at people's politics - beliefs - objectively, understanding 'why' they feel the way they do, and with him I just chalked it up to his not knowing any better.

With that said, I kind of had the feeling that he was going to be 86-ed. I had even thought to write to him myself to tell him to be cool. In the end, I have to agree with MK, it was a job that had to be done, and I'll presume it was tough for him to do it.

Regards,

Senator Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessmiller97