Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Source of James Spader's hats {The Blacklist}

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Got it thanks I read an interview with Spader that it was Stetson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it is a Stetson, it's not in the current catalogue, so you're SOL if you're again trying to find the exact hat.
I’m just looking for what Spader wares labels and all doesn’t bother me

Well, technically we're talking about the hat he used to wear.

mattmactimpson

One of the Regulars
If it is a Stetson, it's not in the current catalogue, so you're SOL if you're again trying to find the exact hat.

Well, technically we're talking about the hat he used to wear.

1 I think so to bunch probably find something close
2 hat he still wares on s5 still wares it

Love the last one only would like it in navy and a bit larger ribbon is it possible to do that it says made to order so not sure

There are custom routes that will be more affordable (Penman is Rolls Royce and perhaps you have a Honda budget?). Customs won’t have that gaudy terrible eyesore gold Borsalino branding on the bow. You can get customs at most all reasonable price points and you can specify colors and dimensions and ribbons and get the hat you want and at better quality than most factory hats. I personally don’t have any desire to replicate anyone’s look, but to each their own (I don’t want the Indy guys to lynch me).

mattmactimpson

One of the Regulars
There are custom routes that will be more affordable (Penman is Rolls Royce and perhaps you have a Honda budget?). Customs won’t have that gaudy terrible eyesore gold Borsalino branding on the bow. You can get customs at most all reasonable price points and you can specify colors and dimensions and ribbons and get the hat you want and at better quality than most factory hats. I personally don’t have any desire to replicate anyone’s look, but to each their own (I don’t want the Indy guys to lynch me).

I have about a Austin Martin budget
And don’t want to replicate just love the look of the hat and don’t find the gold tacky

I have about a Austin Martin budget
And don’t want to replicate just love the look of the hat and don’t find the gold tacky

If you want a gold accent bow keeper most any hatter can do that for you it just won’t say “Borsalino” but you’ll get the look. For the cost of a new Borsalino you can commission a custom and get just what you want and have a 100% beaver fur felt hat that is superior in every way.

mattmactimpson

One of the Regulars
If you want a gold accent bow keeper most any hatter can do that for you it just won’t say “Borsalino” but you’ll get the look. For the cost of a new Borsalino you can commission a custom and get just what you want and have a 100% beaver fur felt hat that is superior in every way.

Who would you recommend for about 300 dollars

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
If we're really gonna stick with the car analogy, $300 isn't getting you into Aston Martin territory. Maybe Acura.

Suffice to say, I already mentioned three custom hatters in this thread which offer rabbit felt sub $300. Art Fawcett/VS Hats, Bob Jessee/Black Sheep Hatworks, Tim Mahovich/Alley Kat.

I'd cough up the extra dough for beaver, but that's just me.

mattmactimpson

One of the Regulars
If we're really gonna stick with the car analogy, $300 isn't getting you into Aston Martin territory. Maybe Acura.

Suffice to say, I already mentioned three custom hatters in this thread which offer rabbit felt sub $300. Art Fawcett/VS Hats, Bob Jessee/Black Sheep Hatworks, Tim Mahovich/Alley Kat.

I'd cough up the extra dough for beaver, but that's just me.

How much is the cheapest beaver

Who would you recommend for about 300 dollars

There are lots of threads on custom hatters. Two off the top of my head are:

https://gannonhatcompany.com

http://www.northwesthats.com

They will work with you to get every detail right. Gannon just told me that his queue is practically nonexistent and his wait times are very short. There are also lots of others who can go just as good a job. I think you will be very happy with how detailed they can be and how many details they get from you before they start on your hat.

Most hatters have dedicated threads here on the Lounge and you should spend the time to see their work and read the reviews. A lot of the hatter’s websites are unimpressive as they are mostly word of mouth small operations who get all the work they can handle without the need for elaborate websites.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.

Oh no...pitchfork and torches time...LOLOLOL!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24