Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Speaking of hair, hotroller recommendations?

ricki

Familiar Face
jitterbugdoll said:
waingirl--I found Lottabody at Sally Beauty.

I have also seen Lottabody in our local CVS. It's usually in the section set up for African-American hair textures.

RetroMom

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the great recommendation!

Thanks to the great reviews, I bought a set of hot sticks. I absolutely love them!

I have only used them for touch ups so far, but I was very pleased that the smaller rods gave me the same effect as pincurling.

My only disappointment was that they took so long to heat up, otherwise they are great.:)

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I finally got my hot sticks and carusoe steam rollers. I really like the hot sticks. I can't believe the great curl I got out of them, with a lot less gel and setting lotion too. Haven't tried the rollers yet. Got a very cool Vidal Sassoon flat iron that has a wave attachement. It is a steam iron, so it really puts a good shine in your hair on the days you want to wear it straight.

Kishtu

Practically Family
I'm thinking about getting some hot rollers now... this is going to sound like a silly question but where is the "hot" part?
Just that I have a 14 month old little boy who likes to grab handfuls of mummy's hair (of course that's not why I want to put it in rollers... nooooooo... ) and I wouldn't like him to grab something hot!

crwritt

One Too Many
I'm thinking about getting some hot rollers now... this is going to sound like a silly question but where is the "hot" part?
Just that I have a 14 month old little boy who likes to grab handfuls of mummy's hair (of course that's not why I want to put it in rollers... nooooooo... ) and I wouldn't like him to grab something hot!
get

This is the type I have, the whole roller feels hot to the touch,and the white edges get very hot, but cool down after a few minutes once you have them in your hair.Hot enough to want to protect your ears and forehead with a tissue.
The box they heat up in has metal heating plates inside, you wouldn't want him to touch that!
I would advise using hot rollers when he's down for a nap, or when someone else can keep an eye on him.
Not something you can do safely with a little one on your lap.
They are very quick to use, though, you should be rolled, set, and unrolled in ten minutes or so.

Last edited:

Kishtu

Practically Family
Ahhh a lightbulb moment *ding!*

I had it in my head that you slept in them :eusa_doh:
Excuse my ignorance, the only heated hair styling aid I've ever used is (ahem) crimpers....I've always been a girl for pin curls previously.

Thank you for that! Now off to get the rollers....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt