Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spear point collar shirts

Cobden

Practically Family
I have feeling it may have been a case of "take a pukka one to a factory and let them copy it" and pretty much made a modern shirt with the only differences being the things they noticed!

Cuffs look far too wide too, and the tails are too short and start too low down, too

Edward

Bartender
WhiteSuit2.jpg

I love the variety in this shot. Much as I love a nice spearpoint, it somehow feels as if people (not pointing fingers on this board, I mean more generally than that) think it was the only collar style that existed back when. Noticed that in Foyle's War last night - everyone one of the buggers seemed to be wearing the same damn Darcy shirt! Lovely shirt, but variety, please!

Tell you what, though.... if Charles Tyrwhitt would do a spearpoint on their classic cut shirts, I don't know that I'd feel the need to go anywhere else again!

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Try as I may I can't seem to find the detachable collars, can some kind soul post the link please

It's a custom job. Just write them a email or use the blank spaces in the ordering form.

About the variety in collars: I think no one claimed the long spearpoint was the only collar. But it is one of the coolest for sure.

The curve is more important to me than the length.

Last edited:

Luxire

Vendor
It's a custom job. Just write them a email or use the blank spa tces in the ordering form.

About the variety in collars: I think no one claimed the long spearpoint was the only collar. But it is one of the coolest for sure.

The curve is more important to me than the length.

That is the best way for any request of any kind.

Still, the question inspired me to create this page.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I also like the fabrics and pullover style of the Aero shirts. Collar could be better.

Dinerman is selling a great spearpoint collar silk shirt right now. THIS is a good collar.

261343_437857209624861_668257248_n.jpg

Despite all the talk here about these shirts, my original only went for $22. The classic cut in great shape in of the most expensive materials on the market at the time. In this material, it sold for roughly half that in the 1930s. Really shocking and disappointing.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
dress shirts don't get anything like the money of workwear / chambray shirts.
a few brilliant 1920s detachable collar shirts were re-listed, unsold not long ago; probably because people are much more picky about collar sizing (and any imperfections) when it come to dress shirts.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I suspect it was the sheer silk. It's not manly enough for people who constantly worry about their manliness. The collar size was big enough.

longcollar

New in Town
mY FaVORiTe sHiRTs bY fAR aRe tHoSe wiTH LoNg PoiNtY cOLLaRs... i WeAR ViNTaGe 70s ShIRts MySeLF aLL tHE tiME!!! I LoVe ThEM, ThE ShAPe, THe exQuisiTe eLOngAtEd tRiAngLe, I eSpECiALLy LikE NiCEly cONstRuCtEd SHaRP PoiNTs... yuMMy & HoT hOt HOT ;) :cool:X

longcollar

New in Town
i HaVe QUiTe A goOD cOLLecTiON oF viNtAGe LoNG pOiNTy cOLLaR 70s StYLe SHiRtS... sOMeOnE tO ShARe ThEM wiTH WoULd Be MeGA!!! :cool: XX

Last edited:

Mr Badger

Practically Family
After procrastinating about getting some spearpoint shirts made by Luxire, and fed up of waiting for Angel to get their versions back in stock in my desired size/colour, I plumped for two by Adam of London, and they're very nice... I was up in 'the London' over the weekend and needed to go to Portobello to nab a copy of the Yazoo records double vinyl Memphis Jug Band reissue, so I popped into Adam, which is primarily a 'mod' outfitters but does spearpoint shirts (plus also both spearpoint and 'giraffe' tab collared shirts!) to check them out – what appeared to be a rather stiff collar in the pic shown below was revealed as actually rather soft, with removable 'bones', and they have 'French' cuffs but no pockets... I nabbed the white and cream variations and they're quite nice, although larger FLers should be warned that they come ready darted and with the rear box seam sewn – I took a seam ripper to 'em so they now have a 'regular' fit and the thread holes should disappear in the wash... at £50 per shirt they're quite expensive, and I daresay that Luxire offer heavier / better quality cottons, but they should wash and wear very well, indeed and I had the benefit of being able to 'try before buying'... if you're in 'the London', check 'em out, they have a wide range of colours ("Black, Brown, Ivory, Pink, Dusky Pink, Royal Blue, Sky Blue, Navy Blue, White, Lilac and Various Stripes.")...

large_301_ca70_ivorycream_lar.jpg

Kostya

Familiar Face
Luxire spear point collars

Two more from Luxire. These were a birthday present from my wife:
2x-new-luxire_zpsca01fa61.jpg

What is the length of those points? I would guess around 4 1/2"? I was thinking of starting off conservative, maybe around 4". Also, what is the width of the collar around the back?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran