Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spectator Shoes

Spatterdash

A-List Customer
Alden's... Allens... Tuesdays at work. Eeesh. Sorry about the mix-up.

I'd like to point out that the shoes are still gorgeous, no matter the maker, and that my original point stands concerning Allen Edmonds. The McClain is only available in black and white (aside from solid colors, of course) and the BelAir is not a classic style. It's like something Stacy Adams would offer. I was hoping for classic wingtips.

Honestly, I'm still steamed that a great shoe like the Broadstreet is gone, and the McClain is no longer offered in that amazing bourbon and bone combo.

Gad.

Spatterdash

A-List Customer
MichaelShane,

I got proactive and sent Allen Edmond's an email, and in it I said exactly that, that the Broadstreet and the McClain Bourbon/Bone command great respect here, on eBay and across the net, and that since the company president had recently lauded a return to Classic styles on the allen edmond blog, more two-tone offerings would have been nice.
I encouraged them to consider reviving the Broadstreet (or a traditionally styled series of two-tone wingtips like it), or making the McClain available in a number of tones for the long term, including black/white, bourbon/bone and tan/white.

I also asked them to consider making a two-tone wingtip using leather and linen or cotton fiber, like the classic old summer weight spectators.

I'm one voice, but I tried.

Michaelshane

One Too Many
" I also asked them to consider making a two-tone wingtip using leather and linen or cotton fiber, like the classic old summer weight spectators."

I'm going to email them and say the same thing.I want some of these bad....

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Spatterdash said:
Are any of you familiar with Johnston Murphy? Are they considered a quality shoemaker?

I ask because these are available in brown/tan & black/white.

http://www.johnstonmurphy.com/product.aspx?c=643&pid=63950&VID=63950

Not overly detailed. They remind me of the Allen Edmond BelAir, but for under $200, they ain't too shabby lookin'.

I own a couple pairs of Johnston & Murphy and am happy with the quality. I don't think you can go wrong with J & M.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Spatterdash said:
MichaelShane,

I also asked them to consider making a two-tone wingtip using leather and linen or cotton fiber, like the classic old summer weight spectators.

I'm one voice, but I tried.

Good on you! There was such an AE called the Ridgeway - a pair of which is till for sale on eBay but in a size 13...

Flying Scotsman said:
I just recently received my first pair of spectators, a special make-up order from Allen Edmonds, in chestnut and white (there's a thread on here somewhere that enticed me into ordering them...I'll see if I can find it). I totally dig 'em! :)

So much so that I a) wore them before Easter (gasp!), and b) ordered the black and white ones (stock Broadstreets) from AE (every bit as nice as the special order).

worthlesswithoutpics

Spatterdash

A-List Customer
ALERT * ALERT !!

I'm gonna regret this, as I can't do anything about it this month, but because I freakin' love you guys...

The Allen Edmond Broadstreet, Black/White.

http://store.mrsteps.com/ae11.html

It seems to be legit. So, if this link actually works, remember that it was Spatterdash who pointed the way with an empty wallet and bade his fellow dandys proceed.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I've never been one for flashy shoes, but I'm considering broadening my horizons. What do you guys think of these shoes? Might they be vintage?

tutoneshoes.jpg
tutoneshoes2.jpg
tutoneshoes3.jpg

P.S. You can be honest -- they're not yet mine.

Warbaby

One Too Many
skyvue said:
I've never been one for flashy shoes, but I'm considering broadening my horizons. What do you guys think of these shoes? Might they be vintage?

If they're a size 11, they're too cool for you. Shoes like that can be safely worn only by someone with many years of experience in the higher realms of coolness. Someone like...umm...myself.

ChazVanEyck

New in Town
reetpleat said:
Shoot, if you are in LA and want some kind of largish spectators, check out Remix. They look like that but even cooler in my opinion.

http://www.remixvintageshoes.com/index3.html

Anyone know how these hold up? Considering the source, i imagine they are decent quality.

I wonder why he doesn't make a more 30s style cap toe or anything like that?
More specifically, a spectator with white all along where the laces are instead of the usual black we see up there. That's what I'm really looking for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessmiller97