Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spielberg's WW2 New Time Travel TV Series

ITG

Call Me a Cab
One of the Indygear guys posted this over at COW. Spielberg is looking at developing a WWII/2007 time travel tv series:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=17923#Scene_1

As for the Gemmill project, time-travel drama has a romantic storyline at its core.

The untitled show will revolve around two young American physicists in WWII who discover a way to pinch time and travel to the future. They wind up hopping between 2007 and the 1940s in order to aid the war effort -- but in the process begin to upset the space-time continuum.

Along the way, one of the physicists also enlists a woman in 2007 to help him adjust to culture shock, and the two develop a relationship.

Baggers

Practically Family
ITG said:
One of the Indygear guys posted this over at COW. Spielberg is looking at developing a WWII/2007 time travel tv series:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=17923#Scene_1

Wow, interesting idea, but sort of ignores the whole time paradox theory, doesn't it? Oh well, never let (pseudo) science get in the way of a good pitch, I guess. After all, it didn't stop Futurama when they went back to Roswell in 1947. ;)

Cheers!

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Baggers said:
After all, it didn't stop Futurama when they went back to Roswell in 1947. ;)

Hehehehehe.

TRUMAN: Now, what's your mission? Are you planning to make some kind of alien-human hybrid?
ZOIDBERG: Are you coming on to me?
TRUMAN: Crackers! I take exception to that!
ZOIDBERG: I'm not hearing a "no"...

Doh!

One Too Many
There's a Dean Koontz novel called "Lightning" that features time travelling Nazis. As I recall, it was a pretty good read.

Mr. Sable

A-List Customer
zeus36 said:
Sounds like "The Philadelphia Experiment" flim may have been the source of inspiration........

'Inspiration'. Riiiiiiiight. Anyway, Philadelpha Experiment was a documentary, wasn't it? ;)

This premise is also a bit like TV's 'Quantum Leap'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo