Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spiewak B15A ???

skbellis

One of the Regulars

Juanito

One of the Regulars
The B15 does not look bad, but I am a little jaded toward Spiewak, since I used to live in North Bergen, NJ, where they used to be located.

$299 seems a little high for something that, and technically not too correct. I buy one at $200 just to wear.

Evan Wright

New in Town
Restoration Hardware Spiewak B-15

I saw this jacket last year when it was about $299, which I thought was too steep. This year I noticed RH had dropped the price down to $209, so I ordered one and really like it. It seems like a good quality jacket, and looks cool. I am a size 42 and the Large fits me well. The fit is trim, and not at all baggy.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
How's the warmth retention? Is the pile liner thick at all?

I just got a Pike Bros. B-10, the first repro of said jacket in the midprice field, and it's not very heavily lined at all. About flannel-shirt-weight alpaca/wool fabric with little or no nap.
3098685304_8d071e9a3e_o.png

In mid 20s °F weather with calm winds over a shirt and sweater it's reasonably warm. In the teens with a stiff wind, it's like you left it inside.

So how warm is a B-10/15 supposed to be? What was the liner spec?

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
While you ponder that question, more not-so-good news about the Pike. I test-wore it walking around the block (over a sweater & turtleneck, 20s and moderate winds), then switched to the old model Eastman A-1 in ±3oz steerhide. The A-1 was actually warmer.

Evan Wright

New in Town
Spiewak B15A

A few nights ago, I walked home a little over a mile wearing it. It was in the teens and not too much wind. I had a light shirt on underneath, and was fine.

I like the looks of the Pike Bros. B-10. I hadn't heard of that company, so thanks for posting the link.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
You're welcome. But I think I got took.

The Pike is an okay looking jacket (I'll post pix when I can), but it's not what I was hoping for, a "bridge" garment between unlined leathers and fleece-lined.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR