Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

STAR TREK ENTERPRISE model built in 1965

green papaya

One Too Many
here are the guys that made the model for the tv show STAR TREK , this photo was taken in 1965 in Los Angeles, Ca

Attachments

• 2015-05-01_215423.jpg
    2015-05-01_215423.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 533

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I guess this was sometime in the late spring of '65. The original model had been built in '64 for the first pilot, "The Cage." Changes were made for Pilot No. 2 (I'm guessing this is that version), and still more when the show went into production in the summer of '66.

You can kind of tell the year: The cars are all 1964 or earlier.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I guess this was sometime in the late spring of '65. The original model had been built in '64 for the first pilot, "The Cage." Changes were made for Pilot No. 2 (I'm guessing this is that version), and still more when the show went into production in the summer of '66.

You can kind of tell the year: The cars are all 1964 or earlier.

It's actually December 1964, according to the mega-detailed page I linked to above. The 11-foot model was built while "The Cage" was being shot. Just a single shot in that pilot was done with the new 11-footer rather than the 3-footer: the opening zoom-in on the top of the saucer section, which dissolves through to the first scene on the bridge.

When I took my kids to DC back in 2003, I made a pilgrimage to the Air and Space Museum gift shop to commune with the Enterprise!

NCC1701.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran