Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steam Wins!

Ole you might be right with the fire hose nozzle idea. I never knew their partnership in the whiskey business came about as a result of a barn fire. I certainly see the resemblance to a nozzle.

Ole you might be right with the fire hose nozzle idea. I never knew their partnership in the whiskey business came about as a result of a barn fire. I certainly see the resemblance to a nozzle.

Well, Jack, not that I ever needed an excuse to buy whiskey. I'm gonna check on availability in AL. Just for the nozzle, of course.

Reactions: RJR

Heart Felt

New in Town
watch it

Be VERY careful when steaming that it doesn't wrinkle the sweatband, if it does, it's done for and has to be replaced, I've even seen this happen in a hat shop when someone wasn't attentive enough, I prefer warm water myself.

Do you mean the hat band on the outside?

no the leather sweat band on the inside. The cheaper ones if hit with a direct shot of steam will curl up like a slug that has just been hit with a shot of table salt.

It’s also a great way to see if your sweatband has dry rot. If it shrivels up like bacon and delaminates you know it’s rotten. Steam and sweatbands are a bad combination.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21