Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

STETSON GUN CLUB

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Show us your Stetson GUN CLUB hats...

Mine is below. Modern, tough western weight. There was some interest in learning more about Gun Clubs so I thought those of you with them - or knowledge about them should show up here and show off!

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

8cbc_1.jpg

8d1e_1.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Great idea for a thread, Gene. I have worn Gun Clubs for years (the modern incarnation, that is) and have found them to be great, tough outdoor lids that hold up well over time.

Carter -- I love that Gun Club. Great look.

Carlisle Blues -- nice lids, as well. As far as the lid on the left goes, I forget which model that is, but I don't think it's a Dune. The Dune is a thin-ribbon with a bound edge and has the same block as the Diamond Jim model (a 016 profile, as they say). Before I started to collect vintage lids, the Dune served as my surrogate Open Road...:)

Cheers,
JtL

My Gun Club Stetson served me & the Confederacy well during the 125th Anniversary of the battles of the War of Nothern Agression. It has since gone on to parts unknown. Here is a picture of me with it on in a unit photo of the 12th Georgia Company C, The Davis Rifles. I'm on the far right seated..
12GA_0002.jpg

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cabella offers a Stetson Three Forks Gun Club hat with a 2 3/4 brim. Does anyone have experience with these?

BobC said:
Cabella offers a Stetson Three Forks Gun Club hat with a 2 3/4 brim. Does anyone have experience with these?
I have the older version in Sage but it is only 2 1/2" brim. Those on their website say 2 1/2" brim as well. The one I have is a good Royal Stetson quality hat but when I got it, it was not of the Gun Club line. It served me well but I replaced it with a larger brim. It replaced an LLBean that was even stinger brim.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Here are some pictures of one the other vintage Gun Clubs. This one has an interior circumgerence of 21 1/2" so it would fit someone wearing a 6 7/8 hat.
3387268701_cc7b35923f.jpg
3388074390_b73e16f52d.jpg

3387270933_9d28883d6f.jpg
3387272593_b193f07fd1.jpg

*Edit deleted receipt that is for a different hat. Sorry about the confusion.

Wil Tam

Practically Family
conversion

I won this lid ondabay on the cheap & for good reason, the leather sweatband was deteriorated and the leather ribbon treatment was too dried & cracked for a Lexol treatment .. there were about a half a dozen moth nibbles all over the hat, but at least the lining was intact and pristine lol
IMG_0719-1.jpg

Before
IMG_0822.jpg

and After

I used some vintage 7/8 grosgrain to make the new ribbon treatment & I installed a new brown leather sweatband

IMG_0825.jpg

I shaped the brim to an egg shape slightly narrower toward the back
IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_0827.jpg

IMG_0828.jpg

I removed 1/2" from the front & back edges & 3/4" from the sides .. then I buffed the edge smooth with a pumice buffing stone.

Finished off by running cold water all over the lid to clean the edge & to tighten the ribbon.

----------------
Now playing: Cake - Never There
via FoxyTunes

carter

I'll Lock Up
carouselvic said:
That receipt can not go with that hat that is pictured.
Didn't think so. All I can find is the "Bug" cap, Field cap, and Campaign hat.
Stll need to confirm dating on that Gun Club.

*Receipt image has been deleted.

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Carter,
I have almost the exact same hat as yours in 7 1/8. I could use that size for my father if you are considering parting with it.
:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy