Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Stratoliner Milan {modern}

Landman

One Too Many
I know this is off topic but Stetson has a panama open road but I can't find anyone selling it online.
products861_big1.jpg

That's a very nice looking hat. I wouldn't mind having one of those.

jkingrph

Practically Family
No problem, its a nice looking hat. But I bet the crown is really low.

Not nearly as tall as our typical Fedoras, but ok. I got it for the price/quality balance and it's a nice looking little hat. I plan on using it on some of the hotter summer days to save my nicer Panamas from sweat stains, saving them for evening wear or cooler days.

I did locate the Panama Stetson Open Road at hatcountry.com. They list a wider range of sizes available than Meyer, although it seems to be a special order item.

I am going to be interested in the brim width on the Stetson Milan Stratoliner, if on the wider size I will probably order one of those also. I wonder what the acutal "straw" is in this one, natural or synthetic, I did not see a discription in the listing at Hartford York and the other vendor.

Last edited:

VetPsychWars

A-List Customer
I've ordered the milan Stratoliner... just what I was looking for, though the dents could be a little larger. We'll see how it is in person. Menshats.com say it is backordered to 3/16 but this is Wisconsin so I'm not concerned. :)

Tom

jkingrph

Practically Family
Well, I'll be --! Looks like I'll need to make a pilgrimage down to Meyer's.

Best call before going, I looked on their web site and they do not have all sizes!

I notice your location as "The Swamp". I have a couisn who lives in Priareville. His wife inherited a camp from her parents down in Pierre Part, and there is a lady who lives there and commutes to Baton Rouge daily and has a vanity license plate that reads "Toodeswamp"

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Best call before going, I looked on their web site and they do not have all sizes!

I notice your location as "The Swamp". I have a couisn who lives in Priareville. His wife inherited a camp from her parents down in Pierre Part, and there is a lady who lives there and commutes to Baton Rouge daily and has a vanity license plate that reads "Toodeswamp"
Ah, I just call it that -- to me Noo Awlins is a vast swamp, pretending to be a city with actual roads.

Meyer's website says they have my size, which is 7.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Well its not this which is too bad.

web.jpg

OR Milan Josh sold last year.

It was really a shame that the hat was a 7 1/2. I would have kept it if it fit. It was some of finest Milan Straw I have laid my hands on. It was almost as good as the 1940's Milan I just re-did.

That Milan OR was a heck of a hat!

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
It was really a shame that the hat was a 7 1/2. I would have kept it if it fit. It was some of finest Milan Straw I have laid my hands on. It was almost as good as the 1940's Milan I just re-did.

That Milan OR was a heck of a hat!

Loved it Josh it was a real wonderful Milan. If I had the money at the time it would have been mine. Now I just look at the picture I saved.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner