Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Storage unit full of fedoras

Matt kosiarski

New in Town
I have a storage unit with a nice amount of vintage fedoras. I have stetson, knox, cobbs ect... Sizes very from 6 1/2 - 7 1/2. I do not have time to take pics if all the hats since i work a lot. The storage unit is located in Schaumburg IL if anyone is interested in taking a look. Also have some vintage boxes for the fedoras. 224 595 8901 my name is matt.

Matt kosiarski

New in Town
My uncle has been collecting them since the 70s. Unfortunately he got evicted from his home so he told me if I can sell them I can have half of the profit. I would say there are still at least 100+. 224 595 8901 i can text over a couple pics i have of the unit to give an idea of what i have

My uncle has been collecting them since the 70s. Unfortunately he got evicted from his home so he told me if I can sell them I can have half of the profit. I would say there are still at least 100+. 224 595 8901 i can text over a couple pics i have of the unit to give an idea of what i have
Unfortunately, I live on the west coast so a trip to Schaumburg is not feasible. If you take the time to give at least a partial list of brands, descriptions and sizes of at least the popular sizing,,,,,7 1/4, 7 3/8 and 7 1/2 you will generate interest and decent sales prices if the hats are in decent and unmothed attacked condition. Then you will need to supply photos of those that generate interest. If you are serious about selling you have found the right forum but it will take a bit of work on your part.

JackieMatra

A-List Customer
If you take the time to give at least a partial list of brands, descriptions and sizes of at least the popular sizing,,,,,7 1/4, 7 3/8 and 7 1/2 you will generate interest and decent sales prices if the hats are in decent and unmothed attacked condition. Then you will need to supply photos of those that generate interest. If you are serious about selling you have found the right forum but it will take a bit of work on your part.

Quite true.
I would also suggest that you initially just ignore any hats smaller than size 7, unless they're really extraordinarily rare items in, at least, nearly new condition, as it seems that while such smaller sized hats were commonplace sixty and more years ago, very few men can fit into hats that small these days.

Hi Matt, I see you found this place.

I'm the guy who attempted multiple times to negotiate with you on an Open Road and a Resistol thin ribbon. It's obvious that you're really too busy to attend to this thoroughly. I have seen the photo of the storage area, and as I said when you sent it to me, I plotzed. Given your situation, perhaps a FL Member in the Chicago area could drive over and assess the situation. Heck, I almost offered to drive up from Dayton when you sent me the pic.

Picture8.jpg

This is what Matt sent me back in December. It is my hope that we can find a way to find good homes for these hats and put some $$$ in Matt's and his Uncle's pockets.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi Matt, I see you found this place.

I'm the guy who attempted multiple times to negotiate with you on an Open Road and a Resistol thin ribbon. It's obvious that you're really too busy to attend to this thoroughly. I have seen the photo of the storage area, and as I said when you sent it to me, I plotzed. Given your situation, perhaps a FL Member in the Chicago area could drive over and assess the situation. Heck, I almost offered to drive up from Dayton when you sent me the pic.

View attachment 42438

This is what Matt sent me back in December. It is my hope that we can find a way to find good homes for these hats and put some $$$ in Matt's and his Uncle's pockets.

HOLY COW!! MOTHERLOAD!!

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Was waiting for a call from seller. Before I go look at them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Geez toss my "hat" into the ring on an interest for some of those if they are 7 1/2 sizes! I can see myself renting a large commercial van and bringing those hats home...but would have to wait about 3 weeks to pay for them all. Tax return! HA!

Spudman

One of the Regulars
Any 7 1/4-7 3/8 whippets, Strats, playboys,wanderers you can't unload drop me a line and I'll take them off your hands...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bolero

A-List Customer
I would like to say that I have been in touch with Matt and I tried to make a deal for the hats but my 2 partners backed out and I could not handle it alone.
Matt told me that 63 of the hats are Stetsons of various style and size and 60 of the other hats, also various style, size and Mfg...
I cannot disclose the prices we discussed but I can say Matt is a very fair and reasonable person.
He prefers to sell in lots not individually, he has in the past listed on Ebay at reasonable prices...
I do not think the above is in conflict with any confidentiality issue...

What are you saying? Those aren't real????
My attempt at humour. It seemed that for a bunch of collector geeks like us finding a treasure trove of hats like this is somewhat hard to believe, like finding King Solomon's mine or the treasure of the lost Inca's or some such. If I lived anywhere near Chicago I would be likely a bidder on the lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace