Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Straw Hats for Summer- new to wearing Hats

brylcreem boy

One of the Regulars
Hey gang, would like to solicit some help and suggestions. I have stayed away from hats due to my head shape, at least ball caps anyway (they don't fit my head right). Recently though, I went out to lunch with a friend after an interview, and tried his fedora on with my pinstripe and was amazed how nicely it complimented my suite and head. So any suggestions, where to start looking for a straw, what brands, etc... The other reason I've stayed away from them is because of the crease they leave in my hair. I hoping my new hairstyle, will wear better under the hat. Appreciate any suggestions.........

RBH

Bartender
Welcome to the Lounge brylcreem boy !

Miller Hats is good, and they are great to deal with
http://www.millerhats.com/mcsindex.html
Also you can click some of the banners at the top of this page, we have some members here that will be more than glad to help you.
If you were more sure of the type and style PanamaBob here has some great panamas that cant hardly be beat. Art can work his magic on one of Bobs panamas and they look fantastic.
It would be worth your time to go and try some hats on to be a little more sure of type and style you may like.
Good luck and let us know what you decide on!

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
Welcome aboard!!

The Miller suggestion was very good. I like Milan weaves for the summer and Panama's are hard to beat. Most importantly, its whatever you like that is best.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Finest hats in the world...

One word Panamabob...

http://www.panamas.biz/

havana.jpg

art92101

One of the Regulars
Dab, try some hats

Dab, before you make the plunge, read along here and start trying on hats before you buy. I would not recommend buying from a catalog or internet till you KNOW what you want and that can only happen till you try some on. Read the lounge and get to know your styles and vocabulary. This lounge is the best hat resource anywhere!

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
And I would add then purchase a couple you fancy off of Ebay from large, clear photos at low prices so you're not too invested if aren't satisfied.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IGDS