Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stuck in a "Red" Rut!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I love red lipstick and nail polish, but it gets boring to wear the same color every day (even if the shade is different). In particular, nail polish gets boring in red day after day since I can see it all the time.

I love Besame's dusty rose lip color, and have just invested in some browns for nails...anyone have any suggeestions for vintage colors other than red? share your favorite brands, colors, anything!

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Pink

I have a very nice retro looking pink from Revlon-- Pink Velvet. Some outfits just suggest pink lipstick to me and somedays I just feel pink :)

Honey Doll

Tourbillion

Practically Family
I've seen 40's lipsticks in plum, fuschia and coral too. Tangee had a color called "pink queen." I've been wearing a Chanel color called "Paris Pink" it is a shocking pink.

The main thing seems to be that all the colors were really bright. If you want a lighter color try a coral or a raspberry.

Snookie

Practically Family
On that Return to Style link, it says that MUSTARD YELLOW was popular for nail polish in the 40's (to match an outfit). That'll get you out of your red rut!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Snookie said:
On that Return to Style link, it says that MUSTARD YELLOW was popular for nail polish in the 40's (to match an outfit). That'll get you out of your red rut!

And right in to a "looks like nail fungus" rut! :rolleyes: A little creepy in this day and age I think...

Tourbillion

Practically Family
Hm, I had mustard yellow polish in the 80's.

I was thinking the sapphire blue polish would look nice, since I have blue eyes. All I have to do now is find some.

Here's some non-red vintage inspirtation:

288215951_f9f77a231e_o.jpg

288215846_34fdb96f2f_o.jpg

288215810_b06171029b_o.jpg

And one red to grow on you!
288215488_dd24a8e501_o.jpg

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I like wine shades, as well as bright pinks (pastels and nudes just don't work on me, so I find myself solidly addicted to red and other strong shades.) Nars actually makes Schiap Pink lipstick and polish, which I'd love to try one of these days :)

olive bleu

One Too Many
i love burgundy & plum shades. pink of any shade looks terrible on me(sigh) so does any pastel. i really need a strong color. i have a sheishedo shade "autumn roses" that is fabulous.it really does remind me of faded roses in autumn.. kind of a browny pink

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner