Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Study Finds Owning Cool Leather Jacket More Rewarding Than Raising Children

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Hell, I would've thought owning a nylon windbreaker is more rewarding that raising a family, but everyone's different.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not sure if you guys realise (I'm sure you must) but the Onion is a satirical site...nothing on there should be taken remotely seriously.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
"...adding that it was on average 63 percent more gratifying to regularly condition a leather jacket that had awesome vertical zippers on the sleeves than it was to read nightly bedtime stories to a son or daughter."

lol

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
The Onion said:
“When study participants also obtained just the right pair of faded jeans and some vintage harness motorcycle boots to go with their badass leather jacket, these enormous feelings of pride and satisfaction reached levels that caused similar feelings stemming from attending a child's college graduation to become statistically irrelevant.”
The Onion is just plain great. Have it in my favorites. :)

Edward

Bartender
Hell, I would've thought owning a nylon windbreaker is more rewarding that raising a family, but everyone's different.

lol

You're not alone. ;) Still, each to his own. Other folks can have kids if they want. Naturally I'll reserve the right to an opinion on how they raise theirs even though I don't want any myself - I'll be the one paying them to wipe me in a nursing home some day, after all! ;)

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Not sure if you guys realise (I'm sure you must) but the Onion is a satirical site...nothing on there should be taken remotely seriously.

Yes I look at it every now and then plus other similar sites, enjoy these looks at life sometimes;) This just caught my eye but owning every jacket in Aero or Eastman's catalogue(Other jacket makers are included, there are just too many to list haha) would probably be cheaper and less stressful than bringing up a child these days.

technovox

One Too Many
I think the article seriously underestimates how rewarding it is to own a cool leather jacket by about 21%. Especially if Horween FQHH is factored in.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou