Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Summer rainy weather hat

gcollins

One of the Regulars
You know gents, I have yet to find a nice brim for summer rainy weather, except my Tilley T5 which is good for travel.

You can't wear a nice straw as it will ruin, a beaver blend fedora is likely too hot...so what do y'all wear?

Regards,
G

rayk

Familiar Face
My Akubra Fed D has stood up very well to all weather, and contrary to what I would have expected, looks better for the beating. While certainly not cool summer hats, they are stylish, practical, and relatively inexpensive.

Forrestal

One of the Regulars
If you are looking for a Tilley type hat, I suggest that you drop in your local Target store. They carry a Tilley ?¢‚Ǩ?ìknock off?¢‚Ǩ? for $9.00. Same heavy cotton as a Tilley. Same green color under the brim, brass grommets for air circulation and brass snaps. There is only one chinstrap, whereas Tilley has two. There is even the Velcro pocket in the inside of the crown with a thin piece of foam to make the hat float.
All in all, when you consider that a Tilley can run upwards of $50.00, this is a good deal.
Regards,
Forrestal

gcollins

One of the Regulars
Foresstal: good idea...and thanks for the idea...but don't be so America-centric. I'm in China that has no target stores.

That's just cheap stuff anyway. I want the best hats money can buy. What's the best?

Thanks!
G

Forrestal

One of the Regulars
Sorry, as I sit at my desk trying to make my boss think I am actually doing some work; I didn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t read where you are located.
I certainly didn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t mean to take you down the wrong road in your search for a top-of-the-line hat. Just thought what I had discovered would be of some interest to you and perhaps others that read this thread.
Hope you find what you are looking for.
Regards,
Forrestal

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I love to shop!

GCollins, I don't know what part of Shanghi you live in , ie. district. From what the internet says, this city is the "Paris" of China and the East.

I bet they have items and shopping we can only dream of!

It this a good store?

Wilderness Sports Goods Store (Main)
(Customer Id: 16749)

Municipal District: Luwan District
Commercial District: Shanghai
Property Address: A,22 South Chong Qing Rd.,
Phone: 63724180

Although not a Target, they sound like they have great stuff!

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
gcollins wrote,

you're talking about that Lochsa River hat? Oh my, that's a piece of work!

And

Foresstal: good idea...and thanks for the idea...but don't be so America-centric. I'm in China that has no target stores.

That's just cheap stuff anyway. I want the best hats money can buy. What's the best?

I think you are just Trolling here and you already Know the Best.!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy