Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sunburst Pockets?

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Question regarding the handwarmer pockets on Aero's Sunburst. Are these actually usable or just deco? From the website photos, it appears the angle would be pretty akward to actually rest one's hands in. They definitely look nice, just find myself questioning th e functionality. Any photos of this jacket being worn, with hands in pockets??

simonc

Practically Family
Some jackets although they have pockets are just not for hands A1 and A2's being good examples, its a short jacket, more like a waistcoat with arms, and these pockets are for wallet and phone, and very secure at that angle. With this jacket length you can slip your hands in your trouser pockets if you must, or have them at the ready for the ol' 1 2. But its not for sloping around in.

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
I was thinking the same...great for keys / phone. Much more secure then regular HB slanted pockets but you trade the handwarmer functionality.

Edward

Bartender
Yes, looked to me to be not quite ideal if you use them as handwarmers... though tbh I've never used the "handwarmers" in any jacket that's short enough to get me paws in me trews pocketses...

This is really not a short jacket. Looks normal length for a halfbelt of the type they're trying to channel. (Maybe short for the "modern body" we hear so much about but doesn't actually exist.) I would expect these pockets to typically be more functional (angled) on this type of jacket.[EDIT]not that it's a big issue, you understand. The style is the style. Don't even get me started on useless A2 pockets.:mad:

900x900px-LL-a9aa7641_AeroSunburstFrontBrown.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou