Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Superb 1940s Spectator Shoes -- Allen Edmonds

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
:eusa_clap

WOW! Those are to die for. If they were 11s.... Also, they really blow the current production ones out of the water. I've thought long and hard about getting a pair of the new models, but every pair in my size I find on ebay all have damage to the mesh...

Boodles

A-List Customer
Sirs:
Do you suppose that the seller is correct when he states that these size 10 A shoes were made on a last which equals a todays 10 D with a narrow heel?

Thanks to Mr. Chevalier for drawing out attention to these swell shoes.

Boodles

A-List Customer
I was hopeful that some of the good folks on this forum who know about such things would offer up an opinion. I could not bid on the shoes without knowing these are really near a D width.

He says width is a "Vintage A", but is actually a "Modern D"??? What's that all about?

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
I was hopeful that some of the good folks on this forum who know about such things would offer up an opinion. I could not bid on the shoes without knowing these are really near a D width.

The seller measured the outer sole's width across its widest part (the ball of the foot), and found that it's 4 3/16 inches wide. IMO, that's a clear indication that the shoe is at least a "D" ... or even an "E".

Boodles

A-List Customer
The auction just ended. Did a Fedora Lounger end up winning these shoes?

I did not win, I'm sorry to say. For some inexplicable reason I elected to post a snipe at about the price of one martini below the BIN price. When one makes silly decisions such as that one cannot expect to win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran