Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Swap Your Vintage Ties!!!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
This knot planned tie is awesome! So you want to trade a boring striped tie for it? (Please say yes)

Hello Mr. Powers! I will be able to give you some assistance as soon as Mr. Rabbit has a chance to pick anything of these he may desire. You see, (just as we have much love for you here in our humble home) Rabbit just recently sent Daniel some fantastic thin/skinny ties in some what of a "gift" form. So, please do know if he desires any of these (I have more to post tomorrow) then I would love him to have his choice. Now if for any reason he does not think any of these ties fit what he is looking for, I have a few other items to send him that he would love and a total surprise for him to receive. For you, Mr. Powers, other than something of a thin tie, ( I know Daniel sent you a Italian tie, maybe "something Tino Como"?????) but I guess what I am trying to say, what the hell....it is CHRISTMAS....if you have something swell in a thin tie, great, if not, who is going to care if I merely send you anything I show here? All loungers are in our hearts here.

Our stash is some vintage and so many non vintage, can't think I could count them all......Leonard, Versace, Pancaldi, Hermes, etc. I just purchase a NUDE tie for Daniel...NOT a NUDE brand, but a HULA dancer that is nude under a swinging material skirt....lol! I promise you if Rabbit does not want that tie, it will say JAMES POWERS all over it. lol! (NOT the NUDE one, the one you commented on) lolololol!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
If anyone wants any of these ties or any tie I post tomorrow evening, and you desire to trade something...geez...I would think keep it simple....maybe a nice pocket square? Looking for one maybe red or blue or ivory in color. Even a yellow would work. I just purchased about 15 ties that will need some new color pocket squares, so as I said, just keep things simple.....and if you have nothing to trade me, we can still work something out...maybe you just send me a buck or two for postage.....

The LOUNGE is a part of our family here. Think FAMILY and CHRISTMAS!

Thank you also Mr. Powers for all you do here on the lounge. You and all the Bartenders really are fantastic.
God bless us all,.....and this Holiday season...HEY...Have a BLAST!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.

Middle tie that is sort of a deep purple has some nice swirly going on in the fabric, (most all these ties do) and it is very vintage italiano.....hey antony...tossa mea a pizza.... wonderful ties....all of these are in great condition....no rips snags no blood stains or gin on a single one.....

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Everyone...do not be shy about speaking up about any of these you may want.......we can swap or what ever....I am really thinking only thin skinny ties (2 1/2 to 2 3/4 inchers) or pocket squares.....but as I have stated if you are not rolling in the dough and having a hard time, it does not mean we can not get you a tie or two.....

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Cindy, these ties are lovely but they were made for men stronger than I.
James Powers, I step aside.

What I'm looking for would be more in line with the boring design of these ties of mine which are modern. Solids and semi-solids, polka dots, small patterns mostly. As you can see, I love knit ties, and among those are lots of horizontal block stripes, a favorite of mine. I don't expect to find much of 20s-40s vintage knit ties, though.

zvNGCaV.jpg

Now what was that about a nude?

I'm sending you a PM, Cindy. The squares are coming.

The purple one with tires and boards on it and the two tone one are sweet. I have some thinner late 50s/early 60s ties that I will try to post when I get home this evening. Maybe you will see something good for trading.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Cindy, these ties are lovely but they were made for men stronger than I.
James Powers, I step aside.

What I'm looking for would be more in line with the boring design of these ties of mine which are modern. Solids and semi-solids, polka dots, small patterns mostly. As you can see, I love knit ties, and among those are lots of horizontal block stripes, a favorite of mine. I don't expect to find much of 20s-40s vintage knit ties, though.

zvNGCaV.jpg

Now what was that about a nude?

I'm sending you a PM, Cindy. The squares are coming.

Thank you dear one. I was thinking Daniel does have on knit tie that is older than dirt...it is a gray tie but it is not here, I think it is at his relatives home up north. I am not sure it is from the 1920's but I am sure it is at least older then the 1940's. It was his great grandfathers and given to his father then to Daniel. His great grandfather has been gone since 1960 and so the tie was given to his father around 1947, and it was not new then. I will look to see what else tie wise we have. BUT...hahahaha, you are getting a christmas package from us...with items you do not normally find in your neck of the woods.....you do use cufflinks and other accessories, and we have tons of them.....yep you will have a nice box heading your way with items you will enjoy. Thanks so very much also.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
The purple one with tires and boards on it and the two tone one are sweet. I have some thinner late 50s/early 60s ties that I will try to post when I get home this evening. Maybe you will see something good for trading.

I would think then the tie you spot is yours. It is a strange tie in only one way....it is maybe the first year the maker made neckties and more older than it would seem. From Italy. I have another similar tie floating around. My computer is so old it almost locks up from going from the photo bucket to here so it took me over an hour to post just the tie pictures that I have here now. I cannot use my work computer as it is networked into insurance and business applications and cannot use it for going "online" without violating contract agreements....bummer. My work computer is like a "warp drive" compared to the personal computer....this computer is soo old...when you look to find the serial number, is says hand tested by Moses...and that was before he parted the red sea! But I had to buy new phones, and switch from Sprint to Verizon. Verizon is more money but wow....clear calls and we have the newest HTC one phones....love them much. So no new computer yet...snow blower first then computer!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
This knot planned tie is awesome! So you want to trade a boring striped tie for it? (Please say yes)
Let me have your address and this is your tie. You must promise me to tell Santa to spoil them elves this year. If you have a thin tie...skinny...send one...if not it is O.K. as we wanted to send you something for Christmas any way.

Hello Mr. Powers! I will be able to give you some assistance as soon as Mr. Rabbit has a chance to pick anything of these he may desire. You see, (just as we have much love for you here in our humble home) Rabbit just recently sent Daniel some fantastic thin/skinny ties in some what of a "gift" form. So, please do know if he desires any of these (I have more to post tomorrow) then I would love him to have his choice. Now if for any reason he does not think any of these ties fit what he is looking for, I have a few other items to send him that he would love and a total surprise for him to receive. For you, Mr. Powers, other than something of a thin tie, ( I know Daniel sent you a Italian tie, maybe "something Tino Como"?????) but I guess what I am trying to say, what the hell....it is CHRISTMAS....if you have something swell in a thin tie, great, if not, who is going to care if I merely send you anything I show here? All loungers are in our hearts here.

Our stash is some vintage and so many non vintage, can't think I could count them all......Leonard, Versace, Pancaldi, Hermes, etc. I just purchase a NUDE tie for Daniel...NOT a NUDE brand, but a HULA dancer that is nude under a swinging material skirt....lol! I promise you if Rabbit does not want that tie, it will say JAMES POWERS all over it. lol! (NOT the NUDE one, the one you commented on) lolololol!

Daniel LIKES skinny ties?! Good! I have a box around here somewhere.......:p

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Thank you dear one. I was thinking Daniel does have on knit tie that is older than dirt...it is a gray tie but it is not here, I think it is at his relatives home up north. I am not sure it is from the 1920's but I am sure it is at least older then the 1940's. It was his great grandfathers and given to his father then to Daniel. His great grandfather has been gone since 1960 and so the tie was given to his father around 1947, and it was not new then. I will look to see what else tie wise we have. BUT...hahahaha, you are getting a christmas package from us...with items you do not normally find in your neck of the woods.....you do use cufflinks and other accessories, and we have tons of them.....yep you will have a nice box heading your way with items you will enjoy. Thanks so very much also.

Well thank you once more, that's most generous of you. Let me show you some more squares tomorrow - I hope you find something that you like.
Yes, I wear cufflinks very often, double-sided ones. I got into vintage cufflinks only recently and my favorite among my small selection of three is an enamel pair, octagonal, flat, with chain link.
One thing I'm looking for is collar pins, and tie pins.

Well thank you once more, that's most generous of you. Let me show you some more squares tomorrow - I hope you find something that you like.
Yes, I wear cufflinks very often, double-sided ones. I got into vintage cufflinks only recently and my favorite among my small selection of three is an enamel pair, octagonal, flat, with chain link.
One thing I'm looking for is collar pins, and tie pins.

Tie pins?! :faint: Those are worse than tie sharks. :doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24