Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sweater Fuzz

Feng_Li

A-List Customer
This may not be news to anyone else, but the trusty clothing brush does a great job of removing the fuzzballs from a sweater. Several sources recommended shaving them off, but that struck me as strange and tedious.

What do you do?

Sunny

One Too Many
I got a sweater shaver for my birthday. It worked fantastically. I've never tried a clothes brush, but frankly, I'm not sure even that would've succeeded on our test case. It does seem a little strange, but it wasn't tedious. It was a heck of a lot less tedious than using a razor blade, as my mother had to do to one item in particular last year.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
I have the dry cleaners shave my sweaters for me.
I only have sweaters dry cleaned when they've been stained. They come out much nicer (softer with more body) when they've been hand washed and blocked.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tomasso said:
I only have sweaters dry cleaned when they've been stained. They come out much nicer (softer with more body) when they've been hand washed and blocked.

Well, I suspect you could skip the cleaning and just have them shaved. :)

Sassman

New in Town
buyinprivate_1986_77671821.gif

I used to shave my sweaters with a blade. I had some unfortunate experiences with cuts and thinning the fibers. I've used one of these (or it's kin), exclusively, for the past 20 years. There are larger sizes availables.

Sunny

One Too Many
Sassman said:
I used to shave my sweaters with a blade. I had some unfortunate experiences with cuts and thinning the fibers. I've used one of these (or it's kin), exclusively, for the past 20 years. There are larger sizes availables.
Mine's also a Remington. My mother found it at Kohl's. Remington Fuzz Away Fabric Shaver

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
I prefer Sweater Stones. They're a pumice stone that you brush over the sweater and it removes the fuzz. They're much kinder to your sweater than a razor because they don't thin the fabric. They're much quicker to use on large surface areas than the electric shavers. It won't snag your garment. Not only do they remove the pill, but they restore the nap of a garment. And they're an all natural alternative to dry cleaning chemicals. Plus, they're 100% Americn made by disabled workers.

http://www.sweaterstone.com/index.htm

You can get one for $4.99 from the website.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff