• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Sweet nicknames for your fella and you?

Discussion in 'The Powder Room' started by daniaingeal, Nov 19, 2012.

1. What are some sweet vintage-esque nicknames you call your fella? And what does he call you?

I like doll :) it's very sweet, and reminds me of the 30's/40's
  2. Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  3. Grant Fan

Grant Fan Practically Family

He calls me kiddo, which for what ever reason seems vintage to me, and I call him handsome, of fly boy
  4. Lotta Little

Lotta Little One of the Regulars

I call my man "Love," and he calls me "Darlin."
  5. Nomanolo

Nomanolo Familiar Face

A mutual 'Darling' or 'Darr' for us
  6. from movies, my bf and I like William Powell as Nick Charles calling Myrna Loy as Nora Charles "Sugar" pronounced with emphasis, as "Shug-ah" - so sometimes my "Sweetheart" Tom calls me that. Otherwise its "Baby", or "Momma" (I have two teens).

When we were early in our dating, I would often address him as "Darling" or "Darlin'" on emails I sent to him.
  7. geekgirl

geekgirl New in Town

I've been calling my fiance "hun" while he calls me "babe". Short & simple.

Recently though my 12 yr old informed us that she finds our nicknames "annoying & too sappy". So we've taken to calling each other things like "honey sugar-kins", "Lovey doodle bug", "scrummy bum" and every other irritating, overly obnoxious, cutesy nick name that we can think of at the moment. That'll teach her to complain, LOL!

8. scotrace

scotrace Head Bartender Staff Member

9. Mrs.Williams

Mrs.Williams New in Town

I am The Tummy, and he is The Leech.
    Long story. :p
  10. katiemakeup

katiemakeup Practically Family

I am conjuring up all kinds of scenarios :eeek::D

Babe & Darlin' aren't very exciting, but gets the point across! Gets a bit more interesting the longer the relationship is, I guess.
  11. LinaSofia

LinaSofia A-List Customer

we've been through a few normal ones like babes, princess etc. but have settled on something a bit more.... interesting! We both call each other "poppa"! I think it originated from poppet [huh], I'm also "puddle duck" and he's "papa" :D
  12. I call him 'Baby' (as in 'Hey Baby'), and 'Darlin'. He calls me 'Beautiful'.
  13. lindylady

lindylady A-List Customer

We call each other "pookie" ;)
  14. Bebe*Gunn

Bebe*Gunn New in Town

We use 'Sausage'. Our wedding rings have 'Big Sausage' and 'Little Sausage' engraved on the inside :)