Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Swindling Charade" NEW silent comedy film

HTTK

New in Town
Thought I would share my silent short comedy shot on FILM with everyone! You can view the film here!. This is the first in a series of silents I'm going to be shooting. Feel free to leave comments here.;)

ArthurVeraSwing.jpg

Here is a quick summary..."This film takes place in 1920s/30s era in the style of those great silent comedies of yesteryear. We find Arthur(Cohen Phillips) trying to meet up with the girl of his dreams Vera.(Brooke Willhite) But along the way the Keystone Kid(Michael Reiser)gets in the way and things go awry."

Enjoy everyone! 8)
P.S. Didn't know where to post this under so I hope this is the right forum.
P.P.S. Always looking for props for these films! :D

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
That is really cool! Great idea for a project.

The only suggestion I have is to see more of the cast on screen acting stuff out. Some of the "text cards" seemed a little unnecessary. Part of the fun of watching a silent movie is trying to figure out what the people are actually saying because the text cards usually give you only snippets of what is actually going on. It also gives you opportunities for more sight gags and physical comedy, which I think you are good at.

I really liked your outfit too, it was perfect.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
A lot of fun

You're a regular Johnny Twennies.
The only thing I would nit-pick is "they went back to there talking" should be "to their talking".
The film looked great, her daydream was clever in-camera effect, and the aged look of the film was perfect.
I would definately look forward to any future films from you. I have dial-up and it took forever to load... and still worth the wait.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
That was a lot of fun. Good work. Try to show more - like how Arthur manages to get his money back from the Kid after the purse snatching - and tell less. Great job. I'm looking forward to more.

HTTK

New in Town
Thanks guys for all the coments! All this feedback helps for the next ones. Glad your enjoying it.
Wolf, sorry you had to wait so long. I promise with the next one I'll make a 56k version just for you!:)

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Now that's accomendating!

Don't make any changes just for me. One day I'll stop having dial-up. Heck, if I can get as modern as having an internet machine in my house I might as well step farther into the 21st century.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

P.S. But no cell phones for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran