Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Swing Years & Beyond

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't know how I could've failed to mention this for so long. At 7 pm on Saturdays here in Seattle, KUOW (University of Washington's radio station) runs a show called Swing Years and Beyond. It features music from 1920-1950. Here's a link to the site and that also has a link to listen to the show via the internet. Each Saturday's show is available for a week. The shows are posted just after midnight Sunday morning.

DancingSweetie

A-List Customer
There's also musicofyourlife.com which plays on am stations in some cities. They just got rid of it here in Sacramento so I have to listen to it on my computer now. It is mostly 40's and 50's music.

priestyboy

One of the Regulars
Another Great Radio Program

There is one that is on out of LA called the "Swingin Years" http://dancingla.homestead.com/CHUCKCECIL.html
http://www.kcsn.org/programs/swinginyears.html

It comes on in the early morning hours on Sunday and I went out to the beach in San Clemente at 0600, wearing my M-422 flight jacket, and sat and listened and just pondered the warships which headed out to sea across the horizon to the Pacific War.

I tried to put myself in a subconscious "timewarp" and grasp on to the ambiance of the time and get "In The Mood". It was always great fun and total relaxation.

The radio show too is very informative with facts well embedded into the show as not to sound like a Music History 101. I remember I learned of the 1943? musician strike from that show.

Give it a shot if you're in the LA area. Also cruise out to San Clemente Beach in the wee hours of the a.m. too if the notion hits you.

Stay away from the fish tacos...not too sure why they are a supposed icon out there.

Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn