Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tailored shirts

crinel

New in Town
This may not be so much "golden era" but still pretty good. At www.tailorstore.com you can get cheap tailored shirts after your own measurement from 40-80 dollars - it depends on wich fabric you want. And not only that but you can also design your shirt to make it as individual as possible.

They are shipping all over the world and it takes about 3-4 weeks, the cost is 9 dollar and up.

JimInSoCalif

One of the Regulars
Not long ago, I had a red and white striped shirt with a white club collar made by a local vendor. It was a kick when I saw the same shirt in one of those great illustrations from AA from 1934 that Marc posted.

I do think I made an error in not having eyelets for a collar bar as I do with some of my straight collar shirts as the way it lays reminds me too much of the Peter Pan collars that girls wore when I was young.

From the AA images, it seems that club collars were fairly popular in the 1930s.

Cheers, Jim.

crinel

New in Town
I don't usually order with a classic collar but I believe you can have a collar bar. Order one shirt as a test and see what you think.

The best way if you are going to use your own measurement is that you visit a tailor and let him measure you. Otherwise when you register there is a step-by-step-introduction on how to measure yourself.

Like I said order one shirt so if it doesnt get perfect you can make adjustments for future shirts.

Of course you can also order without making it to your own measurement.

WildCelt

One of the Regulars
Armholes!

crinel said:
Yes I have. I buy almost all my shirts from that website because of the price and high quality.

I may be stealing Mr. Deckard's thunder here, but how are the armholes cut? I greatly dislike having to tuck my shirt back in after raising my arm.

crinel

New in Town
WildCelt said:
I may be stealing Mr. Deckard's thunder here, but how are the armholes cut? I greatly dislike having to tuck my shirt back in after raising my arm.

I dont have any problems. Since the shirts are tailored after my bodytype they fits like a glove.

Tzedekh

New in Town
crinel said:
This may not be so much "golden era" but still pretty good. At www.tailorstore.com you can get cheap tailored shirts after your own measurement from 40-80 dollars - it depends on wich fabric you want. And not only that but you can also design your shirt to make it as individual as possible.

They are shipping all over the world and it takes about 3-4 weeks, the cost is 9 dollar and up.
Do they have single-needle side seams, or safety (overlock) stitched? Do they do removable collar stays?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou