Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Take minute and learn of Miki Endo!

scooter

Practically Family
I just recently read of her, and wanted to share her story. She was a 24 year old woman from Japan. She was at work in city hall, when the tsunami bore down on her small coastal town. 30 of her co-workers ran to the top of the building and clung to railings and antennae to escape the water. Ms. Endo, calmly switched on the city`s loudspeaker system and began broadcasting warnings to the townspeople to seek the shelter of higher ground. She stayed at the microphone broadcasting her warning until she was swept to her death by the raging water.

She is credited with saving thousands with her selfless action, i am humbled by her courage. This woman displayed unimaginable bravery and her name should be known and spoken with respect.

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Bravo for her; that is true heroism right there. They should posthumously give her a medal for that at least, if not erect a monument to her memory.

Captain Lex

One of the Regulars
Wow, 24 years old and a newlywed? That's even more impressive. I wouldn't even have thought such a broadcast was necessary in addition to the alarm, but clearly it was. She possessed not only courage but tremendous foresight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael