Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tasso Elba linen back belted suit...

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Hmm, I want to get one but don't know whether to get a small or medium.

What would be the best fit for a 38R?

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I don't know nuthin' about removing no pocket flaps, but Fletch inspired me to spring for all three colors (I'm short on warm-weather sports coats).

Geez, I hope they look as good on me as his does on Fletch.

Do you suppose the average dry-cleaner tailor could safely remove those flaps?

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Well, after much internal arguing I decided to order a size medium in natural color.

My thinking is size 38 (I'm actually a 39R) falls in at the very bottom of medium. Plus I've bought similar jackets in size medium and they've worked for me.

If not I'll put it up in the classifieds and purchase a small.

Don't ya hate it when they state the general size (small, medium, large) instead of the real size? Wish I could try one on.

I intend to remove the pocket flaps like Fletch and maybe get the double vents sewn up by an alterations expert.

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
I tried one on in Macy's tonight. They didn't have a large, only a medium, which was too small for me. The medium is marked 39-41. Interestingly, I confirmed something I thought I saw in Fletch's pictures--the chest on this cut is larger than the rest of the jacket, almost like a drape cut. While the medium was too small for me in the shoulders, waist, and hips, it was more than roomy enough to accomodate my chest and perhaps even a bit on the big side.

As I'm saving for some other purchases and afraid that the chest on a Large would be too big for me, I think I'm going to pass on this one.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I swarmed all over Macy's 34th St this evening looking for the jacket. Unfortunately I didn't have the brains to write down the brand, so I saw a lot of semi and not so semi similar ones, but not that one.
I would up picking up a nice Ralph Lauren blue blazer, which I needed, at half price. I might just go for the Tasso online. Can't lose at that price.
The fun bonus of going to Herald Square is getting to ride up and down on that great old wooden escalator they still have. They replaced the original wooden treads with steel, but the rest is still as it was, and still gives about half the original clunkety clunkety sound the original one did. And the sides are still that nice original wood paneling. Fun.
Edit: Why is that question mark icon sitting at the top of my post? I didn't put it there, (did I?)

mike

Call Me a Cab
dhermann1 said:
I swarmed all over Macy's 34th St this evening looking for the jacket. Unfortunately I didn't have the brains to write down the brand, so I saw a lot of semi and not so semi similar ones, but not that one.
I would up picking up a nice Ralph Lauren blue blazer, which I needed, at half price. I might just go for the Tasso online. Can't lose at that price.
The fun bonus of going to Herald Square is getting to ride up and down on that great old wooden escalator they still have. They replaced the original wooden treads with steel, but the rest is still as it was, and still gives about half the original clunkety clunkety sound the original one did. And the sides are still that nice original wood paneling. Fun.
Edit: Why is that question mark icon sitting at the top of my post? I didn't put it there, (did I?)

Dan - next time you're there, check out the first floor in the northwest corner of the building. Near the 7th Ave entrance. :) Unless they're in some clearance basement area by this point.

Creeping Past

One Too Many
I hear there are some really smart kids out there ripping the buttons off the back pockets and removing the belt loops with a stitch ripper...

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Mine came in the mail today. Nice jacket. My first linen jacket and my first jacket with a center gusset.

Fine quality, the linen is nice too. Removed the pocket flaps like Fletch but the stitching holes are left. They'll probably disappear with wear (I hope).

As for size, I am a 39R and ordered a medium. It fits fine, a little loose but no problem. The tag says medium is 39-41. I assume small is 36-38.

The belt could be 1/2" higher but no big problem. The center gusset is beautiful. I find excuses to spread my arms and move them about just so the gusset will work. :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GilbertHit