Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Teamster v.s Long Half Belt Length?

frussell

One Too Many
Without bothering Holly during this crunch period for Aero with little questions like this, I thought I would bother you folks instead. If anyone owns standard versions of both jackets, would you please comment on the difference in length between the two? I'm getting my steer LHB replaced with a Teamster, and wanted to know if I'm sacrificing much (or any) in terms of overall jacket length. Original Flight Jackets just says that both are between a Highwayman and a Barnstormer in length. As always, photos and exact measurements appreciated as well, not many Teamster threads here. Thanks, Frank

wdw

One Too Many
My Teamster's 28.5, but I see a used same 40" up for sale at 27. I think Fanch's 42 is 28.5.

I think this is another variable measurement, so you'll only get a definitive answer from Aero.

frussell

One Too Many
Thanks guys. I guess what I'm really looking for is someone who has non-modified (i.e. extra length) versions of both jackets, in the same size. I'd basically like to know which one is longer, and if possible, by how much. Thanks again, Frank.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
My understanding is that a Teamster is more or less a button version of the LHB, and the back length for both would be similar. I ordered my Teamster with a back length of 28.5 inches, which is about 1" shorter than standard for a size 42-44 in that style. I am about 6'1" but short torso, long arms and legs. I like the clean look of the Teamster and the bi-swing back. For longer jackets, I think that buttons would be preferable over a zip, primarily because of sitting and most times would only have the middle two buttons fastened. My Teamster should arrive before too much longer and will post with pics on arrival. Maybe some delay since a significant number of Aero guys and gals have been laid down with the flu.

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
The 'sitting down thing' with the LHB takes a bit of getting used to. The damn thing was so stiff initially, it was up around my ears! I basically 'trained it' by wearing it while driving - basically gave it a sharp tug at sides and bashed the waist down, then unzipped slightly if required. It's still resisting a bit, but it's a lot better. That horse hide doesn't give up easily.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
The 'sitting down thing' with the LHB takes a bit of getting used to. The damn thing was so stiff initially, it was up around my ears! I basically 'trained it' by wearing it while driving - basically gave it a sharp tug at sides and bashed the waist down, then unzipped slightly if required. It's still resisting a bit, but it's a lot better. That horse hide doesn't give up easily.

I had the same experience with my Highwayman as Sloan did with his LHB and have attempted the same maneuvers as Sloan. The jacket is still winning!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24