Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Temperature Range for an A2

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have been wearing my 2 A-2s with short sleeves underneath for the past few days when it was 16*C (around 61*F) but had to break out my Lewis Leather today and it was merely 3 degrees less at 13*C (around 55 *F). I think my tolerance has gone down significantly since I moved back to South East Asia.

Last edited:

green papaya

One Too Many
the A2 is definitely a summer jacket, I used mine for a summer warm weather motorcycle jacket

doesnt work well if your outside for a long time on the streets, only for short trips from your heated auto to the indoors / grocery store to walk across the parking lot

when it gets below 40 the chill goes right through it, no insulation and the A2 is too form fitting to wear a sweater underneath

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
I beg to differ. I wore mine just now through town all day long in minus 14...of course I am Wearing a red woolen shirt and also a sweater underneath...B-2 hat, gloves and Im doing absolutely fine. The Fit of my Cooper A-2 Is Appaulingly bad of course, Its a waste of hide in my oppinion, but I could have gone on wearing in conditions twice as cold.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
It's all about your personal cold threshold...

Here in London it is in the low 40's, i am still wearing unlined cotton duck Type III jackets with a thin jumper and feel fine.
I won't get the pea coats and great coats out until it's actually freezing, and can only deal with my B3 if it hits the 10F range.

On the other hand if the temperature hits above 75F i start feeling uncomfortably hot very fast.

Always been better with cold than heat....

scrawlysteve

One of the Regulars
Seriously though Bluishsmoke--as Carlos and a few people have already pointed out it is all about your personal response to temperature. You actually have the A-2 and you actually have the weather ( temperature, humidity, wind chill, whatever....) .....why ask other people if you'll be too hot or too cold ? I don't want to sound unsympathetic but some decisions in life, however difficult, you have to make for yourself.....

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
Keeping warm in an A-2 Wasnt the main priority at the time. I think the leather was to keep from being Drenched in AV Gas and spattered with Flaming oil.

fukigen

Familiar Face
I usually wear my A-2 (BK RW horshide) until around 10°c, then change for the schott 184sm with inside fur until 0°c or a bit below... but this also depends from the under layering (t-shirt, shirts, sweatshirt) and the wind condition...

I tested this morning, shirt and sweat with the RW27752 (I have space to layer!), temp around 0°c and not much wind.
didn't feel cold at all...

Asienizen

One of the Regulars
The threshold of any jacket's comfort has a great deal to do with personal stamina and climate conditioning. I used to live in Minnesota where 60F was considered fairly warm. Recently, I've been on my motorcycle in north Vietnam going about 40mph, it's 20C-68F and I've been quite chilly in my A2 wearing 2 shirts underneath and a silk scarf. I ask myself, would I feel this cold if it was the same temperature back in Minn.?

Maybe I've gotten soft - too much beach time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany