Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Temporary adhesive for bonding patches to leather

avique

One of the Regulars
Hello all!

A friend of mine is looking for an answer to the above question. Is there a non marring adhesive to temporarily bond some patches to a leather jacket? I was thinking something like a rubber cement, but I thought I'd run it past y'all, just in case.

I tried searching the forum but came up with nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

-Andy

Mark

Practically Family
Holly at Aero once sent me some Copydex glue (you can buy it online) to do a minor repair on my jacket. Seems to work very well and is clean and easy to use. Not sure how temporary it is though.

Plumbline

One Too Many
Depends how "temporary"

I've used 3m double sided tape ( high strength) with sponsors logos on motorcycle leathers ( works really well and is good for a full seasons racing without any damage. Have also used it on no ex and it's permanent for about 5 washes.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Copydax is a latex based glue that will soak into porous materials such as woollen items and cottons etc. I have used it for temporary fixings before sewing, any excess can be wiped quickly away with water but may be difficult as I do not think it is soluble once in it's dried state. A non porous leather maybe ok, try on some scraps is my advice.

In this day and age of health and safety a full bio hazard suite is recommended together with oxy mask, goggles and protective gloves as some people are allergic to latex............ Or you could always wash your hands as we kids used to do at school :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner